Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Good blog article on " Lone Wolf Survivalists"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(19 February 2012, 21:03)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]That's exactly why we're meeting in Bristol. It's the first step towards building a team.

Great find NR.

oh that nice how about us in norfolk Smile
(20 February 2012, 20:00)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(19 February 2012, 21:03)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]That's exactly why we're meeting in Bristol. It's the first step towards building a team.

Great find NR.

oh that nice how about us in norfolk Smile

Or us in the north east.Tongue
Well, get working on it like Scythe has and you will have your very own team.
Only by meeting up, getting to know local preppers and moving on to physically practising skills together will we be able to build trust & reliability for those that would prefer to utilise teamwork. Civilians are notoriously a pain in the arse, but are we not all civilians in a sense. This is an ideal opportunity to sort the wheat from the chaff for those who are not too dissolusioned with life/people already. It seems to me the older we get, the more this applies...Dodgy TL
For everyone not in Bristol, you are all welcome to come to any of our meets. I am not biased, and will even accept people that are closet sheep lovers......isn't that right NR? haha.

In all seriousness, I believe a team is better than working alone. Especially if someone gets injured. I'd rather have someone watching my back, that stand alone. If you are alone, then any semi decent injury could mean death. In a team you will get aid, as well as give it. The idea is to be able to support each other.

So, for everyone that is not in a team, why not try breaking your leg in the woods and then getting home to gt the medical attention you need. Please note that is not a real challenge or anything. It is just a way to express how a team is of great use to each member. Yes you may end up carrying the weakest link, but that weak link will allow you to sleep while they are lookout for you. Without that person, you are an easy target.

Creating a team is nothing more than accepting that people need to work together. If you want to meet other preppers and start to build a team, then write the messages up on here.

But as NR said, prepare to be disappointed when Rambo doesn't appear, or if nobody appears. Afterall, the best we can do is try our hardest. If nobody wants to join a team and work together, that is their choice.

Give it your all. That's the best advice. If you are serious about it, people will recognise that and they too will join in if they are serious.
Theres some big bristols on this forum Smile
If you want to be safe and in a team....move to Bristol.

Haha, we're going to make Bristol the Prepper capital of the UK.

Oh wait.....that'll totally screw opsec.
or will it?
Yup you guys get well organised and popular, loads of members, focal point of our community etc, I'll help by telling everyone I know about the Big Bristol Preppers Group, and I'll stay right up here out of sight and out of mind Smile Smile Smile Tongue
Seriously I DO wish you great sucess, its got the hallmarks of being something great. But not wanting to teach my granny to suck eggs can I suggest you watch very carefully who you welcome into your community group.
(21 February 2012, 11:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously I DO wish you great sucess, its got the hallmarks of being something great. But not wanting to teach my granny to suck eggs can I suggest you watch very carefully who you welcome into your community group.

Thanks NR. We appreciate the first half of that, and we recognise the need for the second part.

One of the major things will be keeping weirdos, gun nuts, knife nuts, and the alike out of the group. The group will become a strong team that has a whole load of skills, and knowledge.

People will all learn from each other. What one person knows, they can teach to another member, or all of the group. That way, if anything happens to the best comms person, it doesn't kill our whole comms network. And things like that.
(21 February 2012, 11:40)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]One of the major things will be keeping weirdos, gun nuts, knife nuts, and the alike out of the group.
Well, if I'm not welcome. Smile

Be careful with catagorising people like that as that is how the MSM sees all preppers.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7