Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Heres a tool many dont consider for when TSHTF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
a decent lump or engineers hammer to the back of the head will have the same effect, and their cheaper £5 in most markets!Tongue
my secondary personal weapon is an ultra sharp german axe ive had for years in a leg holster.
I think there's a pretty good reason people don't consider them. They are a weapon best used by someone that knows what they are doing. At least with a sword you don't have to be accurate. You don't have to worry about hitting them with the handle, and because of the weight being equally distributed, you're less likely to lose control of it and cut off your own foot.

I think, for the weight constraint, I'm happy to stick to spikey things, and not opt for an axe.

I'm just not an axe person.
As with all hand held weapons use a wrist loop then it cant be dropped or wrestled from you, thats why most military pistols have lanyard loops to stop the weapon being lost or taken away from you. Obviously not throwing knives that would defeat the object....
My baseball bat which I religiously practice baseball and nothing else, has a lanyard attatched so I cant drop it in the heat of a game...
(11 March 2012, 19:45)mikebratcher69 Wrote: [ -> ]My baseball bat which I religiously practice baseball and nothing else, has a lanyard attatched so I cant drop it in the heat of a game...

That's an item I was considering. Then I thought, I'm not sure I could bludgen a baseball very well. But it's something I'm still pondering.
bats or great i have 5 different sizes 4 or wood and 1 metal
got 2 gloves and 3 balls aswell
1 keep a bat, ball and glove in the car all the time just in case the kids fancy a game ???
All weapons have advantages and disadvantages. Tomahawks are easy to use and very deadly. The downside is you need strength to use properly and once the swing is underway changing it is difficult. Plus people can easily cut chunks out of their own legs and hands
bats are great for playing games... but as grumpy old man says keep the relevent balls with the relevent bat in your vehicle.
As sometimes umpires like to check you've got the right eqipment and if they stop and check your equipment and it doesnt match you could possibly get into trouble...
Pages: 1 2