Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Heres a tool many dont consider for when TSHTF
11 March 2012, 18:29,
Heres a tool many dont consider for when TSHTF
http://www.coldsteel.com/tomahawks.html

11 March 2012, 18:32,
RE: Heres a tool many dont consider for when TSHTF
a decent lump or engineers hammer to the back of the head will have the same effect, and their cheaper £5 in most markets!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2012, 18:33,
British supplier of Hawks

http://www.coldsteel-uk.com/store/Tomaha...-Axes.html

11 March 2012, 19:09,
my secondary personal weapon is an ultra sharp german axe ive had for years in a leg holster.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
11 March 2012, 19:21,
I think there's a pretty good reason people don't consider them. They are a weapon best used by someone that knows what they are doing. At least with a sword you don't have to be accurate. You don't have to worry about hitting them with the handle, and because of the weight being equally distributed, you're less likely to lose control of it and cut off your own foot.

I think, for the weight constraint, I'm happy to stick to spikey things, and not opt for an axe.

I'm just not an axe person.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 March 2012, 19:45,
As with all hand held weapons use a wrist loop then it cant be dropped or wrestled from you, thats why most military pistols have lanyard loops to stop the weapon being lost or taken away from you. Obviously not throwing knives that would defeat the object....
My baseball bat which I religiously practice baseball and nothing else, has a lanyard attatched so I cant drop it in the heat of a game...
11 March 2012, 20:15,
(11 March 2012, 19:45)mikebratcher69 Wrote: My baseball bat which I religiously practice baseball and nothing else, has a lanyard attatched so I cant drop it in the heat of a game...

That's an item I was considering. Then I thought, I'm not sure I could bludgen a baseball very well. But it's something I'm still pondering.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 March 2012, 21:27,
bats or great i have 5 different sizes 4 or wood and 1 metal
got 2 gloves and 3 balls aswell
1 keep a bat, ball and glove in the car all the time just in case the kids fancy a game ???
to win the war, you must be willing to die
11 March 2012, 22:07,
All weapons have advantages and disadvantages. Tomahawks are easy to use and very deadly. The downside is you need strength to use properly and once the swing is underway changing it is difficult. Plus people can easily cut chunks out of their own legs and hands
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 March 2012, 00:22, (This post was last modified: 12 March 2012, 00:24 by mikebratcher69.)
bats are great for playing games... but as grumpy old man says keep the relevent balls with the relevent bat in your vehicle.
As sometimes umpires like to check you've got the right eqipment and if they stop and check your equipment and it doesnt match you could possibly get into trouble...