Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Nationality after an event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
TL,

It may be an issue but Its just another issue to be concerned about. I doubt it will make much difference in the long term but needs to be considered in the turmoil.
i think your right TL, after an event being the outsider in an area would not be a good idea. burning English holiday cottages was a favourite hobby of the Welsh back in the 60's so nothings changed, my ex brother in law had his burnt down so i have some knowledge of this. after an event i can see trouble between local and "incomers".
The trouble was caused because rich folk from London were buying houses and driving up the prices. That will not longer happen nor will it be an issue as they starve and die with the rest of us. So it is just normal concern with strangers and we will be dealing with that by fair dealing and building relationships.

I'm more concerned about some of my neighbours than I am of the Welsh or Scottish.
maybe AFTER "the event" when the dust settles, you could be right SD, but DURING the event i can see disputes arising on a purely "Tribal" level- as in "you baint from around here-go back to Lunnon or wherever you came from"!
During an event familes will be killing their own family members. I don't see the nationality being an issue there as there will be more to worry about.

I won't be trusting anyone I don't know, English, Welsh, Scottish. Even my own neighbours regardless of their accents.
there's a few neighbours around here(NOT many just 1 or 2 families out of the whole state) that i dont trust NOW never mind after TSHTF.
Pages: 1 2 3