Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Target Shooting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(13 July 2012, 09:04)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]There are coaching sessions, but they only run when there are enough people signed up. I'm waiting on a prone coaching session, and a full bore safety certificate session.

I didn't tell anyone that I'd taken a painkiller? It's hardly a psychotropic substance.

Re: Beers & shooting: We're having a open evening at the club in August: BBQ, Beers & shooting. Only rule is don't get completely pissed and dick around.

"Couple of Valium" was what you said. See this linky.
http://www.toddlertime.com/med/common-meds.htm
What's the name of the club?
I'm pretty sure the local firearms officer would love an invite where beer and guns are being mixed.

valium aint good mate, i know plenty of people that abuse it, it is a serious thing, not just some pussy painkillers like paracetamol or ibuprofen

heh im on things from that list an all xD...would you say its unwise to take anything on that list before shooting?
I thought this might invoke the wrath of the PC brigade. Fuck, better not mention I broke the speed limit on the way there an back.

Oh, thats a nice link Paul, you think all those drugs are just used for thing on that list? I was given prozac for bad neck, so its not just one use. I bet you're an avid daily mail reader aren't you.
Stop it chaps.
(14 July 2012, 04:55)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]heh im on things from that list an all xD...would you say its unwise to take anything on that list before shooting?
No, they dont turn u into some kind of retarded mess do they? U take ur meds an interact with the people you meet in a norm, al, civilised manner. Same with beer and shooting. You're not gonna have a few pints then go crazy, you still interact in the normal manner.

I thought there were some realists on here, maybe I was wrong

epilepsy.emedtv.com/diazepam/what-is-diazepam-used-for.html
(14 July 2012, 09:56)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14 July 2012, 04:55)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]heh im on things from that list an all xD...would you say its unwise to take anything on that list before shooting?
No, they dont turn u into some kind of retarded mess do they? U take ur meds an interact with the people you meet in a norm, al, civilised manner. Same with beer and shooting. You're not gonna have a few pints then go crazy, you still interact in the normal manner.

I thought there were some realists on here, maybe I was wrong

epilepsy.emedtv.com/diazepam/what-is-diazepam-used-for.html

yeah, but we are talking about GUNS here, things that KILL people, take drugs or drink alcohol then go out with a gun--accidents can and WILL happen, at my gun club there is a strict no drugs or alcohol rule.
BP, guns dont kill people.

Better tell every chef in the country then that he cant have a drink during his shift, less he accidentally stabs someone/hurts himself.

I'm just glad I've found the right club, sounds a same site more fun than the rest of 'em
(14 July 2012, 10:13)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]BP, guns dont kill people.

Better tell every chef in the country then that he cant have a drink during his shift, less he accidentally stabs someone/hurts himself.

I'm just glad I've found the right club, sounds a same site more fun than the rest of 'em

sorry my friend, but i dont want to be near anyone with a gun who has been drinking or taking drugs, any stimulant IS going to take the edge off and they wont be as careful as they should be, nothing personal, but it is me who could be on the receiving end of that accident and that is something i dont want.
well they dont do much to me so i guess i should be fine, im just curious if side effects and such should be a pain, im sure as hell not worried about shootin no-one im safe with guns, more so than people i know who own them xD

but yeah im totally with BP on this dude, sorry i can understand what you mean and all and i dont have problems with drink and drugs whilst doin almost anything, and i get your point but people do silly things when drinking, its not the intentional stuff im worried about its just those accidents, like tripping over and knocking a gun over, such accidents are less likely to happen when stone cold sober.

and i can interact perfectly well, if not better after a few pints, but i know im more likely to piss around or have an accident after a few, it isnt about simple civilised interactions, but about spatial awareness and all sorts of things that alcohol and other substances can affect.
(14 July 2012, 10:58)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]i can interact perfectly well, if not better after a few pints, but i know im more likely to piss around or have an accident after a few, it isnt about simple civilised interactions, but about spatial awareness and all sorts of things that alcohol and other substances can affect.

Then don't drink that much?

Im not telling anyone to do it, do as you like, but to suggest that after a couple of beers / valium no one is safe to handle a gun is wrong.

Pages: 1 2 3