Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Target Shooting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(14 July 2012, 11:06)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14 July 2012, 10:58)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]i can interact perfectly well, if not better after a few pints, but i know im more likely to piss around or have an accident after a few, it isnt about simple civilised interactions, but about spatial awareness and all sorts of things that alcohol and other substances can affect.

Then don't drink that much?

Im not telling anyone to do it, do as you like, but to suggest that after a couple of beers / valium no one is safe to handle a gun is wrong.

even low levels of alcohol make people like that Tongue...even if they dont feel remotely drunk

i can agree more with 2 beers than i can with 2 valium though Tongue
It depends on your tolerance to it. Find a high functioning junkie, no drugs an he's a fucking useless wreck, load him up an off he goes to work, most likely for the local CID

(14 July 2012, 11:12)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]
(14 July 2012, 11:06)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14 July 2012, 10:58)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]i can interact perfectly well, if not better after a few pints, but i know im more likely to piss around or have an accident after a few, it isnt about simple civilised interactions, but about spatial awareness and all sorts of things that alcohol and other substances can affect.

Then don't drink that much?

Im not telling anyone to do it, do as you like, but to suggest that after a couple of beers / valium no one is safe to handle a gun is wrong.

even low levels of alcohol make people like that Tongue...even if they dont feel remotely drunk

i can agree more with 2 beers than i can with 2 valium though Tongue

Do you have your own rifle or is it the clubs?. This may have something to do with it. If you can bore sight the weapon first. If you know that the weapon is set to a basic set up first then you can adjust the weapon to your requirements. Can you get professional coaching?.
Small bore rifles accuracy can go tits up if its simply not cleaned properly and some gun clubs rarely clean their smaller guns.
lol i guess they operate on a b.y.o.b policy!

bring your own brush!
Well I went back last night and spent a couple of hours at the range. My friend came with me, so we had a quick pint before hand, then went to shoot.

The semi auto's still a bit dodgy, so I went for bolt action. Much, much better groupings, which really surprised me as the last time I used a bolt action I was shit!

Got to have a play with matey's remington pistol grip semi auto, which promptly jammed on the 6th round. Lovely piece of kit though, with the synthetic stock.

So now I'm just going to go for a nice bolt action .22 (even thought I'll put a semi on the ticket too) and the remington 700.
I used to be able to some pretty good shooting with bolt action magazine fed .22LR carbines and rifles, 3/8 and 1/2 5 round groups at 25 yards. My 22 of choice will always the hugely popular Ruger 10/22 one of the worlds best selling rifles
Pages: 1 2 3