Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Point the finger...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If TSHTF who knows what will happen? I just saw this and thought MAYBE? this could help or give an idea to someone? Well... you never know?

Just conduct this simple test: Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it is a GENUINE mirror. However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then BEWARE! IT IS A 2-WAY MIRROR!

Anyone thought of a two way mirror as defense for their bug out place?, Shed,home etc?

what an interesting idea! personally i rely on simple intuition to detect such things, placement of mirror, purpose, and light seeping through, noises etc. but its great to have a concrete way of telling! thanks prepaday Big Grin
I lurv this site, So far no-one has laughed at me or sla gged my ideas or my way of thinking, I have ideas which I am often to nervous to post as another site made me feel thick and stupid....
I feel happier to post my ideas suggestions and feedback on here now. Thanks guys n galls x
every bit of information is useful, wether its something as seemingly mundane as a concrete test for a mirror! you never know what situations you could find yourself in, and i think we all know and accept that, which is why anything useful is not laughed at Big Grin

keep on posting suggestions and ideas....every little helps xD
have to agree wth Hrusai, you never know what will work or fail untill someone tries it out and as for strange or weird ideas ( thinking out of the box ) remember world war 2 when the uk stood alone and faced invasion some of the best things that saved us where strange ideas , such as exploding rats , a bouncing bomb , rubber tanks and a lighting array that mimicked a whole town to mention just a few , so keep them comming and you might be surprised someone on here might have already tried some of them out

never mind point the finger...give them the finger!!Tongue
Prepaday, Keep posting, I don't think anyone on this site will shoot you down. We have a completely different clientelle than most other sites. I have found that all of your contributions certainly contain information of value. Thank you for these. Kenneth Eames.
Just wondering were did u find that out
Infomation not shared is a waste Smile keep posting

B/d
great information, must check mirrors at work 0_o
That's some good knowledge. No doubt 99% of people wouldn't have a clue about this bit of knowledge. But I guess there's nothing stopping someone putting a pane of glass against the 2way. But it's hugely unlikely!!! Great info mate, keep it coming!!!

To give you an idea of how other sites are, I got banned from another prepping site for going camping in the winter!!! Amazingly, I've not been banned from here for trying new stuff out. Neither have I been banned for how badly I fail at those new things (see bread making challenge).

This site is the S13 Number 1 Prepping site!!!!!
Pages: 1 2