Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Cautionary solar Activity at peak of cycle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nothing life threaningly immediate thankfully but if we got unlucky we could see some comms and power disruption.

http://news.sky.com/story/969059/world-o...olar-storm
(9 August 2012, 12:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing life threaningly immediate thankfully but if we got unlucky we could see some comms and power disruption.

http://news.sky.com/story/969059/world-o...olar-storm

shouldnt be anything too bad, ive become rather sceptical of solar flares as of late Tongue...too much of the media crying wolf i guess, just hope it aint a big un this time Tongue...am getting things together just in case Smile
could be 2 years away, so dont panic just keep preparing.
(9 August 2012, 13:03)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]could be 2 years away, so dont panic just keep preparing.

im a prepper, panic isnt in my nature Big Grin just keep on prepping, it happens when it happens Tongue
(9 August 2012, 13:08)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]
(9 August 2012, 13:03)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]could be 2 years away, so dont panic just keep preparing.

im a prepper, panic isnt in my nature Big Grin just keep on prepping, it happens when it happens Tongue

i've always said "SH1T happens"..as in WTSHTFBig Grin
i remember a few years ago sky said we where going to be hit by a massive solar flare, it hit and nothing happend except a blip in radio transmittions
(9 August 2012, 13:14)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i've always said "SH1T happens"..as in WTSHTFBig Grin

lol i really did miss that one didnt i LOL
(9 August 2012, 13:15)Tigs Wrote: [ -> ]i remember a few years ago sky said we where going to be hit by a massive solar flare, it hit and nothing happend except a blip in radio transmittions

a bit like the year 2000 bug when all the computers and stuff were going to go back to year 0001Big Grin
thats right , i dont trust sky even when they say good morning i have to look out the window to see if its morning or not !!!
(9 August 2012, 13:27)Tigs Wrote: [ -> ]thats right , i dont trust sky even when they say good morning i have to look out the window to see if its morning or not !!!

i've been spending a bit of time watching RT(Russia Today) on Freeview channel 85....it was a bit strange to start with..i was expecting to hear heavy Russian accents with the news from a Russian slant..but its all western news with newsreaders with American accents...very strangeBig Grin
Pages: 1 2