Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cautionary solar Activity at peak of cycle
9 August 2012, 12:56,
Cautionary solar Activity at peak of cycle
Nothing life threaningly immediate thankfully but if we got unlucky we could see some comms and power disruption.

http://news.sky.com/story/969059/world-o...olar-storm

9 August 2012, 12:58,
RE: Cautionary solar Activity at peak of cycle
(9 August 2012, 12:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: Nothing life threaningly immediate thankfully but if we got unlucky we could see some comms and power disruption.

http://news.sky.com/story/969059/world-o...olar-storm

shouldnt be anything too bad, ive become rather sceptical of solar flares as of late Tongue...too much of the media crying wolf i guess, just hope it aint a big un this time Tongue...am getting things together just in case Smile
9 August 2012, 13:03,
could be 2 years away, so dont panic just keep preparing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 August 2012, 13:08,
(9 August 2012, 13:03)bigpaul Wrote: could be 2 years away, so dont panic just keep preparing.

im a prepper, panic isnt in my nature Big Grin just keep on prepping, it happens when it happens Tongue
9 August 2012, 13:14,
(9 August 2012, 13:08)Hrusai Wrote:
(9 August 2012, 13:03)bigpaul Wrote: could be 2 years away, so dont panic just keep preparing.

im a prepper, panic isnt in my nature Big Grin just keep on prepping, it happens when it happens Tongue

i've always said "SH1T happens"..as in WTSHTFBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 August 2012, 13:15,
i remember a few years ago sky said we where going to be hit by a massive solar flare, it hit and nothing happend except a blip in radio transmittions
9 August 2012, 13:17,
(9 August 2012, 13:14)bigpaul Wrote: i've always said "SH1T happens"..as in WTSHTFBig Grin

lol i really did miss that one didnt i LOL
9 August 2012, 13:22,
(9 August 2012, 13:15)Tigs Wrote: i remember a few years ago sky said we where going to be hit by a massive solar flare, it hit and nothing happend except a blip in radio transmittions

a bit like the year 2000 bug when all the computers and stuff were going to go back to year 0001Big Grin
9 August 2012, 13:27,
thats right , i dont trust sky even when they say good morning i have to look out the window to see if its morning or not !!!
9 August 2012, 13:41,
(9 August 2012, 13:27)Tigs Wrote: thats right , i dont trust sky even when they say good morning i have to look out the window to see if its morning or not !!!

i've been spending a bit of time watching RT(Russia Today) on Freeview channel 85....it was a bit strange to start with..i was expecting to hear heavy Russian accents with the news from a Russian slant..but its all western news with newsreaders with American accents...very strangeBig Grin