Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Out of Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
for what its worth bm, i have noticed a lot of biz being done in the local ( to me) army and navy shop....the owner knows me well.. biz is very very very good...walk ins and internet gone "NUTS " got 3 staff last 12 months ......what does that tell us all ? and moving well is the meals in a bag....sells out reg even though he increased stock.....what does that tell us ? ....just because they may not be on this site YET does not mean we are the only preppers PLAN IT TIDY AND JUMP IN BM buy in wisely do your homework first come out running and blasting good luck pal use the skills you,v learned so far you know what their after your plan starts there.... shift your arse !
My local army surplus has just opened a much bigger shop
Thanks!

that's the plan - I'm just setting up the contacts now. The initial outlay is going to be pretty horrendous, but, nothings risked etc.
And the wife has given me the okay to go ahead.

Unfortunately the only way to finance this is to let the BOV go Sad

(13 November 2012, 21:02)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]for what its worth bm, i have noticed a lot of biz being done in the local ( to me) army and navy shop....the owner knows me well.. biz is very very very good...walk ins and internet gone "NUTS " got 3 staff last 12 months ......what does that tell us all ? and moving well is the meals in a bag....sells out reg even though he increased stock.....what does that tell us ? ....just because they may not be on this site YET does not mean we are the only preppers PLAN IT TIDY AND JUMP IN BM buy in wisely do your homework first come out running and blasting good luck pal use the skills you,v learned so far you know what their after your plan starts there.... shift your arse !

Theres the goverment scheme, dont remember its name(not much help lol) that helps people go self employed
(13 November 2012, 21:40)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Theres the goverment scheme, dont remember its name(not much help lol) that helps people go self employed

Yeah, I did think of that. But I'd rather put myself out and do it without government help really.

Plus I think I'm too old! Rolleyes
Like all goverment schemes theres got to be a catch
So, watch this space (if SD doesn't mind a bit of advertising on here?)
Big Grin
i will buy off you bm........neee problem ......umm .....sounded a bit scotty then..... but there you go...us celts aye
Bad luck on the job, but good luck with the venture. I started out on my own 16 years ago. Never looked back. I don't think I could work for somebody else now. I know you've got a young kid and all, and therefore have to think hard about security, but this could be an opportunity for you. Does wife buy in to prepping? If so, you might want to think about really going for the prepping lifestyle; down-shift, reduce expenses, become more grid-independent, grow stuff. Document your experiences as a blog or, even better, series of podcasts and use these as a traffic-generator to your online store. Your experiences will add authenticity to the products / advice you are selling. See http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com for an IT guy who had made a business out of, you guessed it, a survival podcast. He doesn't actually sell any products. He sells sponsorships and subscriptions to his site.

(Sorry if I'm teaching grandmother to suck eggs here, and also sorry if I'm wading in with ideas while knowing nothing about your personal circumstances. Just getting carried away with enthusiasm. No offence.)
(13 November 2012, 11:57)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it looks very likely that my contract will not be extended past 28th December - so I'm going to be out of work just in time for the new year - and the wife's birthday Angry

I despise signing on - so it looks like I may be working in the local boozer. Thankfully the wife has just got a job as a health care assistant in the operating theatre at the local hospital, should be starting soon (hopefully!)

Fucking typical eh - just when things were starting to look up.

Commiserations BM

Yes, you've said it right.... F'ing typical.

Good luck in in finding something else.

BR

LS
Pages: 1 2 3 4