Survival UK Forums

Full Version: computer help for NR please, Win 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
have to say that I'm stumped on this one at the moment Huh

I can have a chat with the IT guy at work tomorrow if you want

I know him well ..... I did his job for a year whilst he covered someones maternity leave
Yes please Smile
Do what SD said but make the window smaller. Then close the window. open again, this time make it larger by dragging the arrow, then right click on a link in the open window and select open in new window. It should open full screen now.

Close both windows and then use your link to open the program, should open in a full size window. If it does not, perhaps you need to update your version of Windows 7 first or run as administrator.
also do you have the quick launch bar activated?
BDG Nup that didnt work, its the very latest updated version of Win 7 the PC is only hours old with the latest updates installed

IKE The quick what??????
are the shortcuts to web pages or programs?

Delete Windows 7 and install linux Big Grin
(23 November 2012, 11:37)I-K-E Wrote: [ -> ]are the shortcuts to web pages or programs?

Web pages and now its stopped remembering log in details even though I click YEs when propmted AND added site to favourites
what web browser are you using? is it internet explorer 9?

I've read that IE 9 has this issue
Yup IE9 , I've so far managed to restore the saved log in details by doing system restore then turning off the automatic updates, Its those updates that bugger up the system I think.

Wish I knew more about PCs I would probably try and install a different operating system like Firefox or something.
Pages: 1 2 3