Survival UK Forums

Full Version: computer help for NR please, Win 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
firefox is a browser not an operating system, you can install firefox on top of your operating system , just google firefox
you could try opening the stat menu , All Programs the right click on internet explorer and select properties

then do the shortcut tab and change run: to maximized

simular to above but from some of the thing I've been reading it may help

do this when all internet windows are closed too ....... also at a guess your password may have been removed during the system restore
Done that, doesnt work either. I've just been onto microsofts own forum / help system and theres bloody hundreds of people having the same problem and no apparent fix !!!!
I've just replicated the problem on my work desktop and I just sorted the problem by changing the registry as follows

In case you wonder what this means .....
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

It means .....
After you typed regedit in search box and pressed Enter, you will be in Registry Editor window.
Left column > There is an arrow head in front of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, click it ( it is termed ' expand ' ) So far understood ? OK, here goes ...

expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER
expand Software
expand Microsoft
expand Internet Explorer
click Main
Now, look at the main box at the right > RIGHT click at FullScreen
click Modify > change no to Yes > click OK when done.
from this link

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail...ost1498446
also I use google chrome as my internet browser
I got rid of chrome cos the dreaded Blue Bar was driving me mad, Tried the registry still no joy, think I need a break for a bit, I appreciate your help.
Pages: 1 2 3