Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Help me get YOU cheaper stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Got a prospective purchase in the pipe lines, but can't find what you want at the price you want it?

Send me a PM with what you're looking for, and the best price you've seen it at (with a link please), and I'll do my best to get it at a better price. Might take me a few days to get the item in though, so if it's an urgent purchase I might not be able to help.

The only way I can achieve this is by haggling with the suppliers and buying stuff in bulk. So prep related stuff would be good Big Grin
Cool, thanks for that BM.

I'm looking for a new Mercedes. Some bag-head offered me one for £50 once. He said it wasn't stollen and the window was just wound down. I was inclined to believe him haha.
(6 December 2012, 09:02)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, thanks for that BM.

I'm looking for a new Mercedes. Some bag-head offered me one for £50 once. He said it wasn't stollen and the window was just wound down. I was inclined to believe him haha.

Got a link? Big Grin

I'll get you one for £45 - You'll have to get new keys cut though...
(6 December 2012, 10:42)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]

Got a link? Big Grin

The smackhead said he had lost the key and replaced it with a screwdriver that you just twist like a key. When I asked about the immobiliser, he pointed out he had bypassed it with a bit of wire, after he had lost his keys haha.

Great imagination he had.
(6 December 2012, 11:38)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(6 December 2012, 10:42)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]

Got a link? Big Grin

The smackhead said he had lost the key and replaced it with a screwdriver that you just twist like a key. When I asked about the immobiliser, he pointed out he had bypassed it with a bit of wire, after he had lost his keys haha.

Great imagination he had.

For a smidge over £100 you can get professional lock picks for mercedes & jag (I think) that will open the lock and start the car. Then you can get a special little thing that will bypass the immobiliser, without having to damage the car. I knew a recover driver who had all the gear - used to earn a tidy wage on the side rescuing drivers of chelsea tractors who'd lost their keys whilst out shopping in Harrods. For some reason a lot of people leave the spare key IN THE CAR!!!
and this started off with the potential for a really good thread.

Most of us are looking for cheap arrows, bolts, air rifle pellets, snares, Uzis, jars, oxygen obsorbers and a lot of the less glamorous gear that are popular. Should be higher volume than some items you are looking at.
As for me, I want some broadheads and some arrows for smaller game and bolts for a couple of tough pistol crossbows.
I mean this seriously so please do let me know, Sir BM, if you can get them cheaper please.
(6 December 2012, 22:09)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]and this started off with the potential for a really good thread.

Most of us are looking for cheap arrows, bolts, air rifle pellets, snares, Uzis, jars, oxygen obsorbers and a lot of the less glamorous gear that are popular. Should be higher volume than some items you are looking at.

Speaking of uzi's, I've been offered a co2 .177 steel bb semi auto version for £125.

What I want to know is, is it worth it for any usefulness or just to play around with?
Thanks guys. Sorry went OT!

At present I can do 12 x 6" aluminium bolts for £3.25.

120lb Recurve Crossbow
185 FPS
11.5" POWER STROKE
FIBERGLASS LIMB
ALUM. BARREL
For £46

80LBS Crossbow (Aluminium)
160 FPS
FIBERGLASS LIMB
ALUMINIUM BARREL
for £15
(6 December 2012, 22:37)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]
(6 December 2012, 22:09)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]and this started off with the potential for a really good thread.

Speaking of uzi's, I've been offered a co2 .177 steel bb semi auto version for £125.

What I want to know is, is it worth it for any usefulness or just to play around with?

They're about £150 / £175 new, so I suppose it depends on how old it is?
If I was gonna spend that kind of money I'd get something that could be used to put food on the table, rather than just a toy (no matter how cool they look!)

Big Grin

DAMNIT! That's 12 x 6.5 inch for £3.25.
(6 December 2012, 22:39)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys. Sorry went OT!

At present I can do 12 x 6" aluminium bolts for £3.25.

120lb Recurve Crossbow
185 FPS
11.5" POWER STROKE
FIBERGLASS LIMB
ALUM. BARREL
For £46

80LBS Crossbow (Aluminium)
160 FPS
FIBERGLASS LIMB
ALUMINIUM BARREL
for £15
(6 December 2012, 22:37)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]

They're about £150 / £175 new, so I suppose it depends on how old it is?
If I was gonna spend that kind of money I'd get something that could be used to put food on the table, rather than just a toy (no matter how cool they look!)

Big Grin

That's what I was hoping for. Something as a useful tool. The guy reckons its only been dry fired, never had a bb through it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4