Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me get YOU cheaper stuff
6 December 2012, 00:10,
Tongue  Help me get YOU cheaper stuff
Got a prospective purchase in the pipe lines, but can't find what you want at the price you want it?

Send me a PM with what you're looking for, and the best price you've seen it at (with a link please), and I'll do my best to get it at a better price. Might take me a few days to get the item in though, so if it's an urgent purchase I might not be able to help.

The only way I can achieve this is by haggling with the suppliers and buying stuff in bulk. So prep related stuff would be good Big Grin
6 December 2012, 09:02,
RE: Help me get YOU cheaper stuff
Cool, thanks for that BM.

I'm looking for a new Mercedes. Some bag-head offered me one for £50 once. He said it wasn't stollen and the window was just wound down. I was inclined to believe him haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2012, 10:42,
(6 December 2012, 09:02)Scythe13 Wrote: Cool, thanks for that BM.

I'm looking for a new Mercedes. Some bag-head offered me one for £50 once. He said it wasn't stollen and the window was just wound down. I was inclined to believe him haha.

Got a link? Big Grin

I'll get you one for £45 - You'll have to get new keys cut though...
6 December 2012, 11:38,
(6 December 2012, 10:42)BeardyMan Wrote:

Got a link? Big Grin

The smackhead said he had lost the key and replaced it with a screwdriver that you just twist like a key. When I asked about the immobiliser, he pointed out he had bypassed it with a bit of wire, after he had lost his keys haha.

Great imagination he had.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2012, 11:46,
(6 December 2012, 11:38)Scythe13 Wrote:
(6 December 2012, 10:42)BeardyMan Wrote:

Got a link? Big Grin

The smackhead said he had lost the key and replaced it with a screwdriver that you just twist like a key. When I asked about the immobiliser, he pointed out he had bypassed it with a bit of wire, after he had lost his keys haha.

Great imagination he had.

For a smidge over £100 you can get professional lock picks for mercedes & jag (I think) that will open the lock and start the car. Then you can get a special little thing that will bypass the immobiliser, without having to damage the car. I knew a recover driver who had all the gear - used to earn a tidy wage on the side rescuing drivers of chelsea tractors who'd lost their keys whilst out shopping in Harrods. For some reason a lot of people leave the spare key IN THE CAR!!!
6 December 2012, 22:09,
and this started off with the potential for a really good thread.

Most of us are looking for cheap arrows, bolts, air rifle pellets, snares, Uzis, jars, oxygen obsorbers and a lot of the less glamorous gear that are popular. Should be higher volume than some items you are looking at.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 December 2012, 22:25,
As for me, I want some broadheads and some arrows for smaller game and bolts for a couple of tough pistol crossbows.
I mean this seriously so please do let me know, Sir BM, if you can get them cheaper please.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
6 December 2012, 22:37,
(6 December 2012, 22:09)Skean Dhude Wrote: and this started off with the potential for a really good thread.

Most of us are looking for cheap arrows, bolts, air rifle pellets, snares, Uzis, jars, oxygen obsorbers and a lot of the less glamorous gear that are popular. Should be higher volume than some items you are looking at.

Speaking of uzi's, I've been offered a co2 .177 steel bb semi auto version for £125.

What I want to know is, is it worth it for any usefulness or just to play around with?
6 December 2012, 22:39, (This post was last modified: 6 December 2012, 22:43 by BeardyMan.)
Thanks guys. Sorry went OT!

At present I can do 12 x 6" aluminium bolts for £3.25.

120lb Recurve Crossbow
185 FPS
11.5" POWER STROKE
FIBERGLASS LIMB
ALUM. BARREL
For £46

80LBS Crossbow (Aluminium)
160 FPS
FIBERGLASS LIMB
ALUMINIUM BARREL
for £15
(6 December 2012, 22:37)Geordie_Rob Wrote:
(6 December 2012, 22:09)Skean Dhude Wrote: and this started off with the potential for a really good thread.

Speaking of uzi's, I've been offered a co2 .177 steel bb semi auto version for £125.

What I want to know is, is it worth it for any usefulness or just to play around with?

They're about £150 / £175 new, so I suppose it depends on how old it is?
If I was gonna spend that kind of money I'd get something that could be used to put food on the table, rather than just a toy (no matter how cool they look!)

Big Grin

DAMNIT! That's 12 x 6.5 inch for £3.25.
6 December 2012, 22:44,
(6 December 2012, 22:39)BeardyMan Wrote: Thanks guys. Sorry went OT!

At present I can do 12 x 6" aluminium bolts for £3.25.

120lb Recurve Crossbow
185 FPS
11.5" POWER STROKE
FIBERGLASS LIMB
ALUM. BARREL
For £46

80LBS Crossbow (Aluminium)
160 FPS
FIBERGLASS LIMB
ALUMINIUM BARREL
for £15
(6 December 2012, 22:37)Geordie_Rob Wrote:

They're about £150 / £175 new, so I suppose it depends on how old it is?
If I was gonna spend that kind of money I'd get something that could be used to put food on the table, rather than just a toy (no matter how cool they look!)

Big Grin

That's what I was hoping for. Something as a useful tool. The guy reckons its only been dry fired, never had a bb through it.