Survival UK Forums

Full Version: newb looking for some air rifle advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hey folks one of my big purchase for last year that didn't happen and should this year is an air rifle. I think I want a springer, and I'm doing research on a final doomsday tool but my question is what do people look for in a cheap training tool? or do folks not bother and go straight into a big expensive rifle to train with out of the gate?

any advice would be great, I am a total newb on the subject
just sold my hw77 very good gun but bloody heavy not good for me for hunting ,got a bsa super sport very light and good for standing shots ,would go for 22 cal but thats just me hope it helpsSmile
Rather than an air rifle, I'm gonna go down the shotgun route for hunting.

You can get a 2nd hand safe, SGC & a 2nd hand shotgun for less than a decent air rifle.
This is mine,.. its the stoeger x20 suppressor, .22
cal[Image: _C160023.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dkS2CHNS6o
I'm hoping to replace my former BSA ULTRA Tactical that I sold and buy a BSA XL Tactical in 22.
(4 February 2013, 19:07)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]This is mine,.. its the stoeger x20 suppressor, .22
cal[Image: _C160023.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dkS2CHNS6o

That looks a beauty.
Wish someone would make a Bullpup break barrel full power air rifle.
(4 February 2013, 21:46)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]
(4 February 2013, 19:07)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dkS2CHNS6o

That looks a beauty.

I think that you tube video shows it off quite well,.. I am very pleased with it,..
Well, anything is better than nothing, but personally I'd buy the best you can possibly afford. Don't forget to factor in the cost of a decent scope (makes all the difference) and bag etc. Moderator would be good too, depending on the rifle you get. Oh, and lots of ammo.
Hi PF

That's a good question, one well worth taking time to answer.

I'm not going to tell you what I've got, hoping to get, or anything like that. Reason being.....it doesn't matter. What I have doesn't effect you, so let's focus on you and your needs.

Simple first question, have you ever shot before? If yes, did you like it? If no, how would you feel spending a chunk of money to find out you hate shooting?

Simple second question, would you recommend an expensive first car to someone whose never driven before? If they screw it up, it'll cost them.

Third question, would you let a first time mechanic work on your expensive car? Would you want to learn to take apart and fix your super expensive car?

Fourth question, what type of budget are you looking at?

Fifth question, what type of POU (Purpose Of Use) are you looking at?

Sixth question, do you have people around you that can get you started? Like borrowing a mates gun to see if you like it and if you can shoot an animal (if that's what you're planning on doing)?
Pages: 1 2 3 4