Survival UK Forums

Full Version: How thick people believe what they are told
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I remember this happening , and being reported on Skye the following day,.. and did wonder about the woman's sanity.

I must admit that although I do have two maps in the car,..I also have a Satnav and use it often,.. so far touch wood it has never let me down, so until it does it will continue to sit on my dash

However if it tries to send me on a 300 mile trip for a 38 mile hop, then it may well see the inside of the bin
Before i undertake any trip of any length if i dont know the area then i study a map for ages beforehand, take it with me to consult and also like to take my phone with me fully charged as it is gps located in the maps and i like too know exactly where i am
I have no faith in sat-navs. OH is ace with maps and seems to have a compass in his head (that's what comes of being a pilot!), so I shall stick him on my dashboard.
My satnav is my phone.

The other day (check the post for evidence) when it told me I was in Japan, I must admit, I was a little suspicious. Still managed to get to the right place though, just didn't use the satnav.

Interestingly, satnav's are an entire diffusion of responsibility. Most people are liable to drop into that group that love a bit of DoR, and thus....900miles.

When people come out with the words "It's not my fault..." it's usually because of DoR and the inability to be responsible for our own actions.
What is DoR??
(17 February 2013, 21:58)Madgirl151 Wrote: [ -> ]What is DoR??
I think it's "diffusion of responsibility". Had to re-read the post a couple of times to work it out.
The way i see it, if your in the driving seat then your responsible for where the vehicle goes, even with a map if your unsure then you can pull over and see where you are or even ask for help!!!
i was called (by fat arse iceland get fatters) mank the other day coz of my choice of lamb hearts over packet junk. when the masses are as uneducated as that, now that scary. £1.68 for three hearts of lamb or chicken nuggs. i'de rather lick the bottom of my mess tin clean than to eat that crap. probally better for me lol
(17 February 2013, 22:54)Wildman Wrote: [ -> ]i was called (by fat arse iceland get fatters) mank the other day coz of my choice of lamb hearts over packet junk. when the masses are as uneducated as that, now that scary. £1.68 for three hearts of lamb or chicken nuggs. i'de rather lick the bottom of my mess tin clean than to eat that crap. probally better for me lol

agree with you there, i dont understand how people can eat that packet crap, its not so much the meat or lack of it, its more all the additives and chemical crap they put in it.
(18 February 2013, 10:24)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(17 February 2013, 22:54)Wildman Wrote: [ -> ]i was called (by fat arse iceland get fatters) mank the other day coz of my choice of lamb hearts over packet junk. when the masses are as uneducated as that, now that scary. £1.68 for three hearts of lamb or chicken nuggs. i'de rather lick the bottom of my mess tin clean than to eat that crap. probally better for me lol

agree with you there, i dont understand how people can eat that packet crap, its not so much the meat or lack of it, its more all the additives and chemical crap they put in it.

i like stuffed lamb hearts very nice
Pages: 1 2 3