Survival UK Forums

Full Version: rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I understand this entirely. Being a red pill in a sea of blue pills... Makes me crave sublime isolation.
i know its fashionable to knock the unemployed, but i'll bet a lot of us have been there one time or another. its not easy getting a job these days, there are more firms closing down than taking on and these days you've got the immigrants taking a lot of the jobs, something i didnt have to contend with back in the 90s when i was last unemployed. i know there are more people these days who have NEVER had a job and dont want one, they just carry on breeding like that female in the daily fail with 11 kids!i just dont think we should tar everyone with the same brush.
I would never knock someone for being unemployed, this is the longest I have ever been out of full time work. But when you get people who havent worked for 10 or more years it does raise alarm bells.
its the ones who have NEVER worked in their lives and DONT ever intend to that gets my goat!!Big Grin
how about the ill who cannot work
(1 March 2013, 17:44)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]how about the ill who cannot work

we are talking about unemployment BB, people who are fit to work.
(1 March 2013, 13:26)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]
(1 March 2013, 13:15)Carnebwen Wrote: [ -> ]If only you had taken the blue pill.

Mate, I am hidden so far at the back of the closet I might as well be in fekin NarniaBig Grin

Then maybe it's time you came out of the closet TH?? Confused
(1 March 2013, 17:44)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]how about the ill who cannot work

Providing they are tax payer the state should of course care for them for a few years, but never for life. But as BP points out this rant thread is about the feckless, bone idle, work shy and useless not the ill.
Tartar, I thought it was just me who felt like this.

Most days when in the big cities of Inverness or Aberdeen (mostly Inverness at the moment due to ugh, work) it's like people are in a daze, mindlessly going from one place to the next, stopping periodically to tap away at their phones or just stand there like their brains are buffering.

Even at work, no decent conversations, nobody gets excited about things anymore just met with the same blank looks.

Try and talk to them about something interesting ? Short answers and shrugs mostly. Ask them a question like "that book you're reading- any good ?" and they look almost shocked.

Been unemployed for stretches (downside of freelancing) and it's soul destroying and mind-numbling boring. Can see why the long term drink so much, nothing else to do.
thank goodness i dont have to go to work any more or go into cities regularly, i do see it on occasion when i go into the larger towns but not where i live, at least in small country towns people still seem to retain most of their brain cells!Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3