Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Doomsday Preppers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(17 May 2013, 01:17)bowdrill Wrote: [ -> ]Who are we to mock guys we prep they do it different to us that's all yeah a few over the top but how over the top will it be when tshtf ??
They might be the ones with the smile on there faces
Just my take on it

Bd

"mock"

verb (used with object)
1. to attack or treat with ridicule, contempt, or derision.
2. to ridicule by mimicry of action or speech; mimic derisively.
3. to mimic, imitate, or counterfeit.
4. to challenge; defy: His actions mock convention.
5. to deceive, delude, or disappoint.

I merely found it entertaining and as I said, it made me laugh at times - amongst the other more serious aspects I also noted.

It is in my opinion - well worth watching.
We can all benefit and learn from the sometimes misguided efforts of the amrican preppers, even if the media is actually distorting their preps to make good TV by humiliating them. Having lived in Kansas for a bit among the survivalist community in the SW of the state I actually dont recognise the gun obsessed culture shown on the show, Indeed most of the survivalists I knew did have a gun or two but saw them simply as tools nothing more. The gun / rambo / cammo obsessed approach one sees on TV or reads on US forums is more about ................................ well you work it out but its rarely about prepping and more about testosterone.
i kow wot mock means thanks
There's a few good preps on there I remember some people had bugged out already and we're totally self-sufficient. Now thats prepared!
anyone who takes part in a TV preppers programme will be the first to loose ALL their stores as their neighbours all know about it now...their opsec is out of the window!
i think the guys that do the ratings at the end of the sections are more deluded than some of the "preppers"

i think thier scoring system leaves a lot to be desired, people have survived months after plane crashes or natural disasters with nothing but what they have in thier pockets

if i had half of the stuff those amercian preppers have, i'd be very comfortable for a long time i think.

Most of them with thier "bug out to a secure location 5 hours away" are just nuts imho,
(18 May 2013, 09:58)Mopster Wrote: [ -> ]There's a few good preps on there I remember some people had bugged out already and we're totally self-sufficient. Now thats prepared!

Yeah its a trend growing in popularity especially among UK preppers to bug out NOW or relocate home from the city / burbs to more rural locations, they tend to say they now plan to Bug IN, and use Get Home Bags rather than Bug Out Bags.

But many Urban preppers get upset when you try to encourage them to move out!!

The US has 320 million citizens and over 200 million guns and nearly every American states " I am going to use my guns to protect my family and to ensure they get fed" If something major happens even on a regional basis I forsee a bloodfest of Americans all shooting each other. The most sensible of them I have been honoured to meet and know are those in the midwest in SW KS and SE CO and of course the well establish self sufficient communities radiating out from Billings in Montana
(18 May 2013, 10:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]But many Urban preppers get upset when you try to encourage them to move out!!

yeah, we've already done that one whilst you were on "sabbatical" mon amiBig Grin
Personally I think most of them watched Rambo to much and are deluded.
One particular episode caught my eye. A rather large young chap who's family ran a rib restaurant
had got it into his head that Islamist terrorists were going to take over the USA and his best defence was using his family's restaurant as a way to survive by providing a service as "everyone's gotta eat". What the moron forgot was that Muslims don't eat pork but that never even got a mention in his so called review. At least it's a chuckle.
(18 May 2013, 16:21)Megatron Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think most of them watched Rambo to much and are deluded.
One particular episode caught my eye. A rather large young chap who's family ran a rib restaurant
had got it into his head that Islamist terrorists were going to take over the USA and his best defence was using his family's restaurant as a way to survive by providing a service as "everyone's gotta eat". What the moron forgot was that Muslims don't eat pork but that never even got a mention in his so called review. At least it's a chuckle.

also Muslims ONLY eat meat slaughtered the HALAL way, so any NORMAL restaurant is a no go area.
Pages: 1 2 3 4