Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Doomsday preppers teardrop bug out camping trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys you can spent thousands of dollars to buy your own mobile coffin specifically designed for you to be ambushed in after TSHTF.

http://smalltrailerenthusiast.com/2012/1...rade-show/
less obvious as a shelter than a caravan. proberbbly easy to hide. but i don't think i would get one.
How about this for the VW fans,.. very unusual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd0fwd9tNe4
I like those teardrop campers but you cant get a lot inside if your also sleeping in it, but you could fit a tarp to one side and sleep under that, then you can get lots of stuff inside, its surprising what you can pack into a small space.
Or just use a normal small box trailer. Damn site cheaper, bit bigger and more flexible.
(22 May 2013, 13:24)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Or just use a normal small box trailer. Damn site cheaper, bit bigger and more flexible.

yes, that had occurred to me too!Big Grin you could also adapt it to your own personal needs.
If the SHTF I see the roads packed with cars that have broke down and ran out of petrol, give me a bike any day, will be safer, easy to fix, low maintenance and easy to hide.
the little teardrops are good fun if you can do without all the frills some campers want. They haul your gear and give you a dry place to sleep, what more could one want? Nice little recreational toys.

But most of my camping is done using a standard trailer to haul the load.

I really have never understood the need for hauling a house around behind the vehicle you are using to get away from the house? Then you discover it has AC, TV, furnace, fridge, cookstove w/oven and microwave. The guy gets out, levels it up and sets up the satellite TV dish and starts walking around holding up his phone trying to find a signal. Twenty minutes latter some one show up to deliver the pizza.

What's the point?

SHTF I'm staying home.
There nice little campers saw a guy at a bike show in peterbough has one was about 6 by 4 had a sleeping area and his stove etc in the back hatch. He was about 6ft and had no trouble sleeping in it
Sure I saw one of these in Scotland recently, I love things like this but then I also loved my Honda Z coupe as well...
Pages: 1 2