Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Wilderness Gathering 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(3 August 2012, 14:11)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(3 August 2012, 13:45)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Did I miss something NR? I thought you'd be there?

A 650 mile round trip with a knackered back and no money !!, I dont think so. this is BPs baby, I came down last year and only myself and BP actually turned up.

I do believe this one event is the corner stone of a regular RZ setup, and if I could be there I would.
myself and OH will be there, i'll be wearing my big paul badge so keep your eyes open!Tongue
It needs to be centrally located for a annual meet. I'm trying to get to this one, I think I'll make it but I doubt I will be making it a regular event.
(3 August 2012, 14:18)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Hi NR,

Out of interest how many people were at the meet when you attended last year?

LS

TWO out of a supposed six or so, which is pretty much the norm when it comes to meets, loads of promises but few who keep their word.
(3 August 2012, 15:41)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]It needs to be centrally located for a annual meet. I'm trying to get to this one, I think I'll make it but I doubt I will be making it a regular event.

Central to where Mon ami? Smile the UK, England or where the majority of preppers live? OR possibly a place where preppers and survivalists are lkikely to attend on a regular basis.
Centroid locations
The Ashton Memorial, Lancashire; nearest structure to the centre point of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Put simply, the centroid is the point at which a cardboard cut-out of the area could be perfectly balanced on the tip of a pencil.[1] Islands are assumed fixed to the mainland in their precise position by invisible rigid weightless wires. A mathematical method is used to do the balancing to a much greater accuracy than the practical method could achieve.

Unless stated, positions are the centroids of the two-dimensional shapes made by the countries. Calculations include offshore islands unless stated.

Great Britain
Whitendale Hanging Stones, near Brennand Farm, outside Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire in the Forest of Bowland.(54°0′13.176″N 2°32′52.278″W; grid reference SD6418856541) [2]

Great Britain (excluding islands)
A field south of Calderstones Partnership NHS Mental Health Trust, near Whalley, Lancashire (grid reference SD7232136671)[3]

England
Lindley Hall Farm, Leicestershire (near Fenny Drayton and Higham on the Hill)

52°33′42.942″N 1°27′53.474″W; grid reference SP 36373.66 96143.05) [4]
Hi NR,

That's not what I meant. How many people ( total) werein attendance when you visited.

Pity that people dropped out, but not surprising. Its quite normal. A long way out everyone's enthusiasm is greater than their assessement than realities of cash and time constraints.

I hope that I will be there, and that I will be able to meet a some fellow SUKers from here. ( pls excuse the term!)

LS
I wish I'd known about this earlier. I'd love to go but already have other plans and will be trying out my BOB on Dartmoor that weekend with some other like minded friends who love a bit of wild camping!
Oh well, if it's on next year I'll try to get to that one! That is of course if the world doesn't end or go tits up on December 21st.

Just as a side note... If the world does go tits up I'm going to stick to the loose plan of going to Glastonbury Tor on the solstices and equinox's so I'm bound to see some of you in the next year or so.

AG
(3 August 2012, 17:26)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Hi NR,

That's not what I meant. How many people ( total) werein attendance when you visited.

Pity that people dropped out, but not surprising. Its quite normal. A long way out everyone's enthusiasm is greater than their assessement than realities of cash and time constraints.

I hope that I will be there, and that I will be able to meet a some fellow SUKers from here. ( pls excuse the term!)

LS

Aha Ok mate I'm with you now probably 3 or 4 thousand at peak.
I will still be attending with a fellow prepper. I agree NR and it is common across the board for people in all different hobbies to not turn up to meets. I have been to two SUK ones so far this year and of those who said they were coming, none turned up!! other than SD of course..
So Martin, TL + 1, LS, SD, BP, Jane oh hell 324 miles each way, plus hotel for overnight ( It would have to be Frome Prem Inn again)

Jeez so many people I really would love to meet and those to whom I already owe multiple drinkies.

Only the plus side theres the mini RZ at my house on Monday but thats no real compensation, if I can scrape together enough funds and sort out the van I'll do my damndest to get down there, I just dare not promise.
ill almost certainly be there!
(3 August 2012, 20:17)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]ill almost certainly be there!

Cool even more notables, plus there could even be a few from the other forums.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17