Survival UK Forums

Full Version: only 3 months to go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
we do not know yet how this coming winter is going to be bloody cold again at a guess .
iv been collecting wood all through the summer theirs more about less people want it ,if you pay for your fuel get plenty now hopefully the price should be a bit less .
the same for everything else you would need for a long cold winter, always cheaper in the summer happy hunting
Aye - im off pine cone hunting this evening as ive been informed they burn well. Also Sunna, thanks for the nudge- I need to get my fireplace project sorted asap Smile
There are articles on the internet on how to make fireplace "logs" out of old newspaper. Also, if your local public library disgards books, these can be used as fuel as well.
in the very bad winter a few years back people in my village run out of fuel oil and because the roads were blocked with snow the trucks could not
get through so they went without .
Winter!!! screw Winter folks, I try to spend as much off it in the Sun as I can.

(24 July 2013, 20:39)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]There are articles on the internet on how to make fireplace "logs" out of old newspaper. Also, if your local public library disgards books, these can be used as fuel as well.
Bloody Hell Jonas, don't encourage Europeans to start burning books mate, looked what happened last time we did thatAngel
I'm looking forward to this winter...same as I do every winter. ALL I want is to be able to get out on my snowboard haha.
Within the next 4 weeks I will be ready, stacked 2 cords of wood at back of the cottage , 3 more cords to stack, coal is ordered for 2 weeks time, getting some more propane just to play safe.
I am looking out the window at a 3' diameter 60' tall oak that needs to come down. As soon as the garden is all harvested I will let it drop across the garden spot. That is the only safe place to drop it.

I should get two cord out of that.
(25 July 2013, 10:25)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]Winter!!! screw Winter folks, I try to spend as much off it in the Sun as I can.

(24 July 2013, 20:39)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]There are articles on the internet on how to make fireplace "logs" out of old newspaper. Also, if your local public library disgards books, these can be used as fuel as well.
Bloody Hell Jonas, don't encourage Europeans to start burning books mate, looked what happened last time we did thatAngel

I'm with you TH! enjoy summer while it lasts (in between all the work). the long dreary days of winter will be here soon enough Smile
Can't wait for the cold weather. I HATE hot weather, it makes me feel completely washed out. Bring on the snow and frost I say.
Pages: 1 2 3