Survival UK Forums

Full Version: wasted journeys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
went to a car boot at Lympstone(on the Exmouth road)today, for the SECOND time when we got there we found it was CANCELLED, was a big sign in our local market for it on Tuesday..2 days later its cancelled?..WTF? i'm going to have words next Tuesday when I see the stallholder who runs it.....40 miles each way wasted!!!Angry anyway we were so cheesed off we have decided to go to CHEDDAR car boot/Market next sunday....at least I KNOW that ones running even if its further.
I've a good mind to ring Cheddar car boot and get it cancelled and hang about just to see your face when you get there, it'd be worth the long journey just for that.Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(2 August 2013, 11:31)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've a good mind to ring Cheddar car boot and get it cancelled and hang about just to see your face when you get there, it'd be worth the long journey just for that.Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

you rotten so and so!!!Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Make the journey as important as the reason for making it. Keep your eyes open for what ever might be of interest to you.
(3 August 2013, 20:31)BDG Wrote: [ -> ]Make the journey as important as the reason for making it. Keep your eyes open for what ever might be of interest to you.

i always do! and not just longer journeys..local ones too...you never know what your going to find!Big Grin
OK, will y'all enlighten an ignorant Texan please? WTH is a "car boot"?
Flea market
(4 August 2013, 18:38)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]OK, will y'all enlighten an ignorant Texan please? WTH is a "car boot"?

People sell their unwanted items from the `trunk` [boot] of their cars,..although these days they have expanded that in many places to include tables, under canvas or even into buildings in some cases..... I miss car boot sales, we dont get many up here

Boot = Trunk... Bonnet = hood