Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wasted journeys
1 August 2013, 14:46,
wasted journeys
went to a car boot at Lympstone(on the Exmouth road)today, for the SECOND time when we got there we found it was CANCELLED, was a big sign in our local market for it on Tuesday..2 days later its cancelled?..WTF? i'm going to have words next Tuesday when I see the stallholder who runs it.....40 miles each way wasted!!!Angry anyway we were so cheesed off we have decided to go to CHEDDAR car boot/Market next sunday....at least I KNOW that ones running even if its further.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 August 2013, 11:31,
RE: wasted journeys
I've a good mind to ring Cheddar car boot and get it cancelled and hang about just to see your face when you get there, it'd be worth the long journey just for that.Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
2 August 2013, 11:43,
(2 August 2013, 11:31)Prepper1 Wrote: I've a good mind to ring Cheddar car boot and get it cancelled and hang about just to see your face when you get there, it'd be worth the long journey just for that.Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

you rotten so and so!!!Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 August 2013, 20:31,
Make the journey as important as the reason for making it. Keep your eyes open for what ever might be of interest to you.
4 August 2013, 09:21,
(3 August 2013, 20:31)BDG Wrote: Make the journey as important as the reason for making it. Keep your eyes open for what ever might be of interest to you.

i always do! and not just longer journeys..local ones too...you never know what your going to find!Big Grin
4 August 2013, 18:38,
OK, will y'all enlighten an ignorant Texan please? WTH is a "car boot"?
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
4 August 2013, 18:56,
Flea market
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
4 August 2013, 21:42, (This post was last modified: 4 August 2013, 21:43 by Highlander.)
(4 August 2013, 18:38)Jonas Wrote: OK, will y'all enlighten an ignorant Texan please? WTH is a "car boot"?

People sell their unwanted items from the `trunk` [boot] of their cars,..although these days they have expanded that in many places to include tables, under canvas or even into buildings in some cases..... I miss car boot sales, we dont get many up here

Boot = Trunk... Bonnet = hood
A major part of survival is invisibility.