Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Police Riot gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hey,

just found out I can get ex police riot gear (leg, arm and thigh protectors)
Worth grabbing a few sets do you think?

Probably not going to be in a riot (which is good as you'll look like the old bill wearing this set up) but could be useful for other activities? Riding a cow/horse/motorbike?
I would say so. Can you get the more important chest / head protection?
Yup. I can get you german police ceramic body armour plates if you want?

They're not cheap though!

£60 a pair

But you need to get a plate carrier / ballistic vest to stick 'em in too, so you're looking at £100ish to get the whole thing sorted out.
I'm interesting in some of this. What can you get?
Very interested in the body gear BM. Can you send any info or a pic?
(29 August 2013, 13:06)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interesting in some of this. What can you get?

UK Police Riot Protection Set - Arms and Legs
Arm and Leg protection sets as used by the UK police in violent and training exercises.
Includes: 2 fore arm and elbow pads, 2 lower leg and knee pads, 2 thigh pads.
£40

German Polizei Stab/Ballistic Body Armour
Dual purpose stab and ballistic body armour rated to .357 magnum and 9mm threats.
Badges are removed before dispatch - On Polizei Orders
£50

German Police Ceramic Body Armour Plates
Pack of 2 ceramic body armour inserts designed to protect the wearer from high velocity rifle rounds.
£60

British Desert Camo Flak Vest Cover
Brand new desert camo flak vest cover from the British army.
£10
Any chance of some pictures please.

Also do the German Polizei Stab/Ballistic Body Armour come in different sizes because im a big fella at 6ft5 and 18 stone.
PM me with your email address if you want pics and I'll fire them over

(29 August 2013, 13:23)BFG Central Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of some pictures please.

Also do the German Polizei Stab/Ballistic Body Armour come in different sizes because im a big fella at 6ft5 and 18 stone.

Aye, they do indeed come in different sizes. They look to be adjustable also.
OK. I'll be in touch.
not sure i'd want to hump those plates about again , they were heavy restrictive and uncomfortable 20+ years ago when i was 5st lighter and fit as butchers dog...not sure i'd be upto it now unless they've improved shit loads.

combined stab ballistic vest might be worth a look....i can see it might be a decent precaution when you go liberating stores and equipment as you never know what you might meet on the other side of a door.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6