Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Police Riot gear
29 August 2013, 12:51,
Police Riot gear
Hey,

just found out I can get ex police riot gear (leg, arm and thigh protectors)
Worth grabbing a few sets do you think?

Probably not going to be in a riot (which is good as you'll look like the old bill wearing this set up) but could be useful for other activities? Riding a cow/horse/motorbike?
29 August 2013, 12:56,
RE: Police Riot gear
I would say so. Can you get the more important chest / head protection?
29 August 2013, 13:00, (This post was last modified: 29 August 2013, 13:02 by BeardyMan.)
Yup. I can get you german police ceramic body armour plates if you want?

They're not cheap though!

£60 a pair

But you need to get a plate carrier / ballistic vest to stick 'em in too, so you're looking at £100ish to get the whole thing sorted out.
29 August 2013, 13:06,
I'm interesting in some of this. What can you get?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 August 2013, 13:12,
Very interested in the body gear BM. Can you send any info or a pic?
29 August 2013, 13:16,
(29 August 2013, 13:06)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'm interesting in some of this. What can you get?

UK Police Riot Protection Set - Arms and Legs
Arm and Leg protection sets as used by the UK police in violent and training exercises.
Includes: 2 fore arm and elbow pads, 2 lower leg and knee pads, 2 thigh pads.
£40

German Polizei Stab/Ballistic Body Armour
Dual purpose stab and ballistic body armour rated to .357 magnum and 9mm threats.
Badges are removed before dispatch - On Polizei Orders
£50

German Police Ceramic Body Armour Plates
Pack of 2 ceramic body armour inserts designed to protect the wearer from high velocity rifle rounds.
£60

British Desert Camo Flak Vest Cover
Brand new desert camo flak vest cover from the British army.
£10
29 August 2013, 13:23,
Any chance of some pictures please.

Also do the German Polizei Stab/Ballistic Body Armour come in different sizes because im a big fella at 6ft5 and 18 stone.
29 August 2013, 13:30, (This post was last modified: 29 August 2013, 13:32 by BeardyMan.)
PM me with your email address if you want pics and I'll fire them over

(29 August 2013, 13:23)BFG Central Wrote: Any chance of some pictures please.

Also do the German Polizei Stab/Ballistic Body Armour come in different sizes because im a big fella at 6ft5 and 18 stone.

Aye, they do indeed come in different sizes. They look to be adjustable also.
29 August 2013, 13:53,
OK. I'll be in touch.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 August 2013, 22:14, (This post was last modified: 29 August 2013, 22:35 by Midnitemo.)
not sure i'd want to hump those plates about again , they were heavy restrictive and uncomfortable 20+ years ago when i was 5st lighter and fit as butchers dog...not sure i'd be upto it now unless they've improved shit loads.

combined stab ballistic vest might be worth a look....i can see it might be a decent precaution when you go liberating stores and equipment as you never know what you might meet on the other side of a door.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!