Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Force or stealth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If we use our brains we won't need to go to the places that others are raiding. We will have enough supplies of the "immediate" kind, and can take our time to collect the bits we have earmarked as being of use in the long term. I'm talking of things like roofing felt, engine oil, plywood etc. etc.
if you get bumped you just want to break contact and withdraw not go head to head with whoever bumped you , the first part of the plan is get in unseen and unheard take what you can and leave...great if it works out that way...the support is your back up plan should anything go wrong , i'm not as agile or strong as i once was , so i reckon i'd probably lose a cross country race against an awful high percentage of other survivors , stealth alone wouldn't work for me.
(30 August 2013, 16:17)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]if you get bumped you just want to break contact and withdraw not go head to head with whoever bumped you , the first part of the plan is get in unseen and unheard take what you can and leave...great if it works out that way...the support is your back up plan should anything go wrong , i'm not as agile or strong as i once was , so i reckon i'd probably lose a cross country race against an awful high percentage of other survivors , stealth alone wouldn't work for me.

have you ever heard about "the tortoise and the hare?"Big GrinBig Grin
Thanks for the input on this peeps. It's helped me make up my mind weather to invest. Smile
Thats A Fable/fairy tale , if i didn't have the manpower/weapons to do it as described then i wouldn't do it, there will be other opportunities along.

(30 August 2013, 16:40)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]Thats A Fable/fairy tale , if i didn't have the manpower/weapons to do it as described then i wouldn't do it, there will be other opportunities along.

I don't want to be taken by anybody post shtf

(30 August 2013, 16:40)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]Thats A Fable/fairy tale , if i didn't have the manpower/weapons to do it as described then i wouldn't do it, there will be other opportunities along.

I don't want to be taken by anybody post shtf

Its a very old cliche..."peace through superior fire power" or even "go quietly with a gurt big stick"
there's another one "softly, softly, catchee monkey"Tongue
(30 August 2013, 16:45)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]there's another one "softly, softly, catchee monkey"Tongue

Monkeys have been known to bite and can carry all manner of unsavoury crap in there mouthBig Grin

there is no right and wrong here ...just whats right for yourself

(30 August 2013, 16:47)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(30 August 2013, 16:45)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]there's another one "softly, softly, catchee monkey"Tongue

Monkeys have been known to bite and can carry all manner of unsavoury crap in there mouthBig Grin

there is no right and wrong here ...just whats right for yourself

nothing would please me more than a no shots fired scenario as it means plan a worked
damn right, I don't know your situation-and I don't want to, but I don't need to go smashing into places around here, first of all if I did i'd probably get lynched anyway, and the sort of stuff i'm looking for wont be locked up in warehouses but more likely to be lying in a field somewhere or in an open fronted barn, my situation is more suited to the sneaky, sly, slide in quietly and remove it silently, make no noise, be a shadow type operation, maybe the odd padlock(I've got something that'll deal with those!) but that's about it!
Stealth for sure, but stealth with an adequate backup if you have to switch to force. Three or four large friends with me should be enough!
(30 August 2013, 16:54)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]damn right, I don't know your situation-and I don't want to, but I don't need to go smashing into places around here, first of all if I did i'd probably get lynched anyway, and the sort of stuff i'm looking for wont be locked up in warehouses but more likely to be lying in a field somewhere or in an open fronted barn, my situation is more suited to the sneaky, sly, slide in quietly and remove it silently, make no noise, be a shadow type operation, maybe the odd padlock(I've got something that'll deal with those!) but that's about it!

Thats a shame mate was hoping i'd get to meet you at somepoint in the future , bikers in my experience make great mates ! but then i would say that wouldn't i
Pages: 1 2 3 4