Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Taking in new members post shtf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Midmitemo said:

They wont prep and she wont leave them out...family ties are strong...i've just got to do my best alone , i sort of know i'm prepping for 12 but i do my calculations on how long 3 could go for on what i put away...best and worse case scenarios.
[/quote]

in that case the only thing you can do is increase your preps by a factor of X4!
[/quote]

Is Mrs M on board with your prepping?Just show he the financial cost (financial and logistics) of prepping for an extra 8 people who cannot be bothered to do so for themselvesand see if she still feels so charitable.

The problem is that the extra 8 who are not prepared to prep in any way will decend upon you at t=your wife's initation and will consume whatever you have put away at a rate far greater than you plan, because they will be of the mind set that you are just a stop gap until the government comes to support you all..... so they will consume in the same wasteful way as they (we all) do at the current time.

Sadly TL is right.... look after those who are prepared to look after themselves, the rest can co to hell.
My 12 bods is right now...if something happens now i'm screwed , but my partners parents are both very old , in there 80's and not in the best of health so 12 become 10 , oldest brother is a bit of a loner , may not want to join , down to 9 , one brothers step child is courting , may go with her beau's people 8 , who knows how it might pan out , just need it not to happen right now!
(5 September 2013, 04:20)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]My 12 bods is right now...if something happens now i'm screwed , but my partners parents are both very old , in there 80's and not in the best of health so 12 become 10 , oldest brother is a bit of a loner , may not want to join , down to 9 , one brothers step child is courting , may go with her beau's people 8 , who knows how it might pan out , just need it not to happen right now!

good luck!
(5 September 2013, 04:39)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(5 September 2013, 04:20)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]My 12 bods is right now...if something happens now i'm screwed , but my partners parents are both very old , in there 80's and not in the best of health so 12 become 10 , oldest brother is a bit of a loner , may not want to join , down to 9 , one brothers step child is courting , may go with her beau's people 8 , who knows how it might pan out , just need it not to happen right now!

good luck!
your going to need it.
I left that last line hanging on purpose BP!!!!!!!
(5 September 2013, 11:43)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]I left that last line hanging on purpose BP!!!!!!!

sorry.....I just thought I would state the bleeding obvious!!Tongue

when I attended school back in the distant past, 12 or even 9 or 8 into 3 didn't go!Big Grin
...forgot to add Big GrinSadSadSad to my lat comment, sorry

(5 September 2013, 11:56)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]...forgot to add Big GrinSadSadSad to my lat comment, sorry

something up with this computer today that should have been Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(5 September 2013, 04:20)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]may go with her beau's people

or they could come to the brother in law who has prepped. It's OK if we bring along their entire family as well. Whats that they are Chinese and there are 20 of them.

The nightmare we all face.
course you could just move and not give them your new address!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(5 September 2013, 14:31)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]course you could just move and not give them your new address!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Shoot the first 3 to step foot on your property and that 12 will soon diminish. You may not get anyone 'wanting in'.
Pages: 1 2 3 4