Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Talon Crossbow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Interesting development for Brit preppers a full size crossbow with only a 60 LB pull but can fire steel balls at 420 FPS, and bolts as well.

http://www.taloncrossbows.com/#
Steel balls. Now that sounds interesting. I'm hopeless with a catapult.
Yup you have to have steel balls to be a real survivalist !!! Smile
I want one of those. 400 ft/lb. better get one quick and not with your real name.
(14 December 2011, 15:13)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]I want one of those. 400 ft/lb. better get one quick and not with your real name.

Y'mean 400 FPS I think / hope ?
Bugger. I misread. I was so excited I was comparing it to an air rifle.

How does that compare anyway?
(14 December 2011, 15:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Bugger. I misread. I was so excited I was comparing it to an air rifle.

How does that compare anyway?

Bit higher than an air rifle but using a much heavier round over a shorter range. I bloodywell would not like to get twonked with a 38 calibre steel ball doing 400 FPSConfused
I was looking at these 6 months ago and I had just lost the buzz for it and now you post it up again Smile, I really do like the look and the idea, I want to see it in action, I am on the fence still.

Not very professional video but the product looks great.

I'm not on the fence. I want one. Christmas is coming up if anyone is interested. Smile
(14 December 2011, 16:23)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Not very professional video but the product looks great.

I'm not on the fence. I want one. Christmas is coming up if anyone is interested. Smile

I am staying on the fence until I can find video or at least a decent review on the ball bearing shooting and overall build, £600+ I need more info.

I have 5 kids I know its bloody christmas Big Grin

(disclaimer I love Christmas)
Pages: 1 2