Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Family
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
good god, I think even my Sister in law is beginning to realise something is going to happen(SHTF), she asked me this morning "what are we going to do when all the electric goes off?" wonders will never cease!!Big GrinBig Grin
My family totally oblivious to possible SHTF scenarios, maybe channel 4's "Blackout" might make them blink a few times? Huh

All in-laws are totally skeptical about anything and everything outside their cosy little lives, God help them if any disaster creeps up on them! Undecided
(7 September 2013, 11:23)Nix Wrote: [ -> ]My family totally oblivious to possible SHTF scenarios, maybe channel 4's "Blackout" might make them blink a few times? Huh

All in-laws are totally skeptical about anything and everything outside their cosy little lives, God help them if any disaster creeps up on them! Undecided

yep, same here, at least wife's grandchildren have been in the scouts, have learnt to shoot an air rifle, archery, can light a fire without a match and cook, but I don't give there parents much hope, too busy earning money and having foreign holidays.

cant see many round here watching that "Blackout" programme especially if it clashes with strictly come dancing or other such stuff, those that do watch will think its a good story but promptly forget it the following day!
EVERYBODY you meet seems oblivious these days, just look at Syria hardly anything in the mainstream media about it.
If anything happens because of it it'll be a complete surprise for most people.

The worlds in an oblivious bubble.
Glad your relatives are becoming more aware at last, there may be hope!!Big GrinBig Grin
when is this black out on the box ??
(7 September 2013, 11:52)bowdrill Wrote: [ -> ]when is this black out on the box ??

Monday, channel 4, 9PM.

(7 September 2013, 11:51)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]Glad your relatives are becoming more aware at last, there may be hope!!Big GrinBig Grin

oh I think step daughter is aware but is too busy with her own little life(she teaches sociology at Barnstaple college, husband is a brickie/builder) to do anything about it, her comment a long time back was "I cant have an opinion, I've got kids"-which seemed a stupid thing to say to me I thought that would make it more imperitive? people are weird!
thanks bp

bd
I still try with my daughters, but you know how it go's , I have long since given up with friends ,not wasting any more time and effort with them .....anyway....not that much longer to go I fear
(7 September 2013, 12:16)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]I still try with my daughters, but you know how it go's , I have long since given up with friends ,not wasting any more time and effort with them .....anyway....not that much longer to go I fear

yep, said on the midday news Obama is still determined to bomb Syria, that I think will see the whole middle east go up in flames, the repercussions don't bear thinking about, terrorist atrocities in the west as least, WW3 at the worst!!
So much going on in the world today, so much so that it kinda makes you numb.

I've also given up trying to have intelligent discussions with people who should know better but are just are not interested. So long as their comfort zones aren't breached, they're blissfully ignorant and blissfully happy.

I'll just keep on prepping quietly to myself.
Pages: 1 2