Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Name your Stengths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just to follow on from SD's Required Skills post, what do you think are your major strengths? No false modesty here, please, what do you feel you excel in?
i'm definitely a thinker, a planner an ideas man, no good with machinery, my chippy(carpentry) skills are rudimentary but just about ok, my driving skills are excellent, I can drive anything from a motor cycle up to a HGV and I know my way around most places in the south west.i guess my best skill is as a gopher(go-fer), if anyone needs something I usually know where I can lay my hands on the relevant article.Big Grin
BP we could be twins seperated at birth lol...your description is spookily similar to how i'd describe myself with just a few changes(no woodworking skill's add in tracked vehicle to driving and reasonably good skill at arms tactical awareness)

am a bearded biker too!
I am a carpenter by trade, I could buid a cabin without any nails,I can render,plaster and lay bricks ,l can weld with stick or mig I can lay any type of roof, I can drive motorcycles lorrys diggers bobcats, I can make bread butter cheese jam jelly and know how to preserve some meats and veg,I can do most plumbing and pipework, not bad at gardening but not the best ,know enough to keep hens , very aware of things around me and threats ,can shoot a shotgun well still working on crossbow and bow , can sharpen anything.....total lack of slaughtering anything. I am a do,er I get stuff done.
(6 October 2013, 18:36)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]I am a carpenter by trade, I could buid a cabin without any nails,I can render,plaster and lay bricks ,l can weld with stick or mig I can lay any type of roof, I can drive motorcycles lorrys diggers bobcats, I can make bread butter cheese jam jelly and know how to preserve some meats and veg,I can do most plumbing and pipework, not bad at gardening but not the best ,know enough to keep hens , very aware of things around me and threats ,can shoot a shotgun well still working on crossbow and bow , can sharpen anything.....total lack of slaughtering anything. I am a do,er I get stuff done.

jammy bastard ......Tongue
I can tell which way the wind is blowing, metaphorically, something most people seem unable to do.
(6 October 2013, 18:46)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]I can tell which way the wind is blowing, metaphorically, something most people seem unable to do.

Yeah i tend to see how things are going to pan out before most have even realised anythings happening(in the pub it's uncanny how i usually happen to be stood next to the red faced ticking time bomb ready to bundle him outside)and no i'm not usually the cause!!!!
I have a license to drive every type of road vehicle except tracked and motorbikes [ hate bikes ] I drove a 40 tonner for years,.........I am a practical guy, being able to,..[ if not master many things ], can at least do a reasonable job of most,... my weakness being electrics

I am a countryman,..I add this as a skill because it is..... I spent my childhood without electric and running water
I can shoot [ Army taught ] can stalk, trap, skin and cure

...and I am ex-military with the skills that come with that job
and I am a wise old fool...Smile
Medical and know a bit about herbal treatments. I can also drive most things.
Wow, Guys! I'm impressed by the sheer variety of skills. Do you realise we could start our own self sufficient community?
Pages: 1 2 3