Survival UK Forums

Full Version: How do you Prepping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This might seem odd, but we all have a bit of fun prepping, right?

The title is basically meant as a bit of a joke, but how do you do your prepping?

Do you prep as a lifestyle choice?

An excuse for 'big boys toys'?

A hobby?

A Fantasy?

An obsession?

Escapism from 'reality'?

That wonderful excuse to get you out and about in the wilds more?

Or what?

There is no right or wrong answer with this question. For some it's an all consuming 'calling' on their life. For others it's just a bit of fun, they half expect stuff to happen, but all in all it's not the end of the world if nothing happens.

There genuinely is nothing wrong with whatever level you see prepping. It would just be good to get perceptions and ideas of where people are.

I don't want to know WHY, e.g. economic collapse, I want to know in what way.

For me, I prep as a person whom wants to learn 100% survivability in the wilderness. I'm not sure whether I view it as a fantasy or escapism, but I do enjoy it, and because I do believe things are not going to get any better, I make it a daily routine to do something to get me ready.
Obsessive Escapism, maybe.
I look at it as self protection against job loss uncertain future price rises. Being a country person shooting fishing etc is what I grew up doing
I see it as a lifestyle choice. I choose to include prepping in my lifestyle.

It also includes many things that are classed as hobbies. Camping, Bushcraft, Shooting, leatherwork, radios... Thus it isn't all a chore.
I see it as a lifestyle choice, I mean as a necessity Big Grin too many people taking too much resourses from an ever decreasing pot, food shipped in from the other side of the world and shutting down old power stations but not replacing them fast enough, then something has to give, I see it all coming crashing down around our ears and the only ones preparing for this are preppers? like the saying "its all going to end in tears!"
I see it as a nessescity that i need to address.....not really a lifestyle cos i have other things i choose to do more...i'm maybe not as deeply into it as some but i had quite a scare when Syria was close to boiling point earlier this year(wanted to go out with my credit card and splurge on what i thought would be essential inventory)...glad i didn't now..hopefully i'll have time to prepare in an orderly manner.
Please define "Prepping".

I find that not everyone here has the same concept of the end product.
I always thought prepping was like the Boy Scouts motto: "Be Prepared"?? for ANYTHING & EVERYTHING!Big Grin
(22 October 2013, 15:16)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]Please define "Prepping".

I find that not everyone here has the same concept of the end product.

I get what you mean, but probably best for another thread to discuss that.
i'm prepping cos i'd like to survive an event and have the option to continue to live but not at the expense of having a full and interesting life now.....it's a checks and balances thing...i know i have a life to live and enjoy now against what might be in the future , not prepared to forego a life now for what might never be....(doing a bit of both)
Out of the choices you gave us, I am going to pick three, its a lifestyle choice, its also a great Hobby, ....and to some degree its also a flipping obsession..Smile

I just want to be prepared for whatever is around the corner
Pages: 1 2 3