Survival UK Forums

Full Version: American Blackout - Full Version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
At last its been loaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PreJvrlji...e=youtu.be

Someone commented that they should have asked the Amish

..... "There was a blackout??"

I can image BP saying that :-)
(31 October 2013, 18:45)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]At last its been loaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PreJvrlji...e=youtu.be

Someone commented that they should have asked the Amish

..... "There was a blackout??"

I can image BP saying that :-)

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Beautiful comment from one blonde who was stuck

"I have no money and so I can't even buy a Latte" !!!!!!
(31 October 2013, 18:52)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful comment from one blonde who was stuck

"I have no money and so I can't even buy a Latte" !!!!!!

oh that is hilarious, I've always wondered about these people and their "coffee to go"-we even see them here in the countryside-our little filling station even sells it!!!Big Grin they must spend a fortune every week!

I bet I could buy a lot of torches and candles with what they spend on coffee.
What is going on with all these different countries showing VERY SIMILAR programs?

There could just be the whole "Britain's got talent" style world travels, e.g. Australia's got Talent. America's got Talent. etc. style travel.

But (RS, get that Gucci foiler out) there could be more to it. It could well be that TPTB expect something, or they think it is very possible and are using this style of program to get the word across that it's going to be a possibility, or it could just be entertainment, like The Blair Witch meets a powercut.
Nah - I don't think its TPTB getting us ready.
Pure entertainment.

Another quote from a guy in a New York Penthouse.

"Why isn't there any power backup in this apartment? I've got $17 a pound swordfish going to waste"

The next shot is of him puking his guts up.

Deep Joy in River Songs Mansion

I'm going to sue !!
I'd be livid if I had swordfish stinking out.

For us, I'd grab a block of ice from the freezer and put it into the fridge.
I watched the show the other night, thought it was entertaining if not overly dramatic. In the scenario presented it was some unknown terrorist group that hacked the power supply. In that scenario I think most people would realize that there will be a return of rule of law and act accordingly. Just a minor critique.

Yeah, the couple in the high rise NY apartment were the most ridiculous. To me the worst case were those in the elevator. But the most interesting to me was the prepper family that bugged out. The prepper handled the situation with his neighbor all wrong and guaranteed that he would be attacked at some point. (ofcourse the boyfriend acted like an ass too). Here's how I would have handled the situation with the neighbor asking for food: "man, I was just coming to ask you the same thing- we've got a little to last a few days. Here's a few cans, hopefully power's back on soon or else we're all in trouble, huh?" IMO, by threating extreme violence but not carrying through, he let the neighbor know that yes he does have enough stores to kill over. So by letting him go on his way pissed off without food, he was putting everyone at risk. He even had extra "decoy" food just for that purpose! No, instead he flashed his gun around like a big shot, as if he's the only one that has a firearm.
Thanks Rush2112, spoiler alert haha.
Rush

Interesting observations. You would have given the neighbour some food with some excuse - "Thats all we have etc etc"

others here would say that he should have shot the guy upon sight to stop him coming back and the debate goes on and on.

For my money - I think the prepper was a prize asshole and is a prime example
of why I have a lot of problems with American Preppers. -

My favourite line?? "Oh my God - I can't even get a latte!"

Personal takeaway? Get some baby milk/forumla stocked. There will be some poor mother with baby in need.
Pages: 1 2 3