Survival UK Forums

Full Version: night owl? or early bird?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have noticed over several months that some people come on this site like 11.30 pm to 1am, I think we must have some insomniacs on hereBig Grin personally I like to go to bed early and get up early, sunday I was up at 05.30 and on the road by 06.30..going to a Car Boot!!! just wondered if anybody thought how their life might change post collapse, would you do anything differently then? or would you roughly keep the same hours as you do now?
(13 November 2013, 11:25)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed over several months that some people come on this site like 11.30 pm to 1am, I think we must have some insomniacs on hereBig Grin personally I like to go to bed early and get up early, sunday I was up at 05.30 and on the road by 06.30..going to a Car Boot!!! just wondered if anybody thought how their life might change post collapse, would you do anything differently then? or would you roughly keep the same hours as you do now?

I'm normally up very early for work (up at 3am some days) but on my days off I like to sleep late.

If any society collapse does happen, I plan on staying up through the night & sleeping through the day so I can keep watch.
Totally early-bird

...but last night Mrs LS took me dancing, and plied me with so much Red Bull that I was still buzzing at4am:-( .....it didn't make my dancing any easier on the eye though.
I think the "twilight" hours are the ones to watch out for, say the last few hours before dawn and the first few hours after sunset, as we all know thugs prefer the dark to work in, daylight hours you'll be able to spot movement more easily. post collapse I will confine my movements to these twilight hours.
I work at night so am up till early hours, if I'm going out with my toys then I'm up before Dawn.
My sleep patterns are irregular some times i cant sleep for a day or two then sleep well the next night,But most the time i get up early for example i got up at 4am today,But come SHTF i would prefer to grab an hour here and there
One thing worth bearing in mind is that "working the night shift" as some of you intend doing after tshtf will play havoc with your body clock leaving you feeling permanently jet lagged for want of a better phrase.

At a time when you need to be at your brightest and sharpest you will feel like shit whenever you are awake, permanently tired and struggling to think straight.

We can all do a few all nighters on the bounce without feeling any ill affects but doing it full time will after a week or two start to really affect you until you get used to it, and some people never get used to it.

Speaking from the experience of having to do night shifts for around a month at a time every 12 months or so

The only way to find out how it affects you is to do it beforehand, and not just for a night or 2
Night shift can be a tough slog, especially if you do physical work.

I did it for six months, got into a routine, and quite enjoyed it. though it's a bitch in summer
shiftworker...i do 7 nightshifts every 28 days , 7 earlies(6am start) and 6 lates (1pm til 9pm) can log on at work so i'm probably on more than is helthy Big Grin
I'm generally an early bird 5-30 to 6.30am with a 10-11pm bedtime.

I agree that the twilight hours are probably the most interesting. If you have to pull an all-nighter then caffeine chewing gum helps.

The use of speed should be discouraged as you feel like s..t the next day. And I abstain from Harveys Bristol Cream as this blond needs as much wits as she hast to be kept pristine.
Pages: 1 2