Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Stumbled across a cache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Out working the on thursday went to a property out on a68 deserted middle of nowhere , owner had agreed what i needed to do would involve me going into a barn (meaning i had right to enter) any how once i completed what i needed to do i noticed a light in middle of floor , hatch was easy to find under boxes , 6ft by 6ft cellar type thing full of food , med stuff , sleeping bags etc shovels , generator ,

noted location would you of done the sameExclamation
(8 December 2013, 13:57)Shaysdad99 Wrote: [ -> ]Out working the on thursday went to a property out on a68 deserted middle of nowhere , owner had agreed what i needed to do would involve me going into a barn (meaning i had right to enter) any how once i completed what i needed to do i noticed a light in middle of floor , hatch was easy to find under boxes , 6ft by 6ft cellar type thing full of food , med stuff , sleeping bags etc shovels , generator ,

noted location would you of done the sameExclamation

damn right!Big Grin
Thats a nice find,.. I would also have taken a good note of it,... I may even have staked it out a few time, to see who comes around,.. after all you may know the person, might well turn out to be a very good person to befriend,...is it very far from where you live?
if it was close enough to be of practical use then its worth committing to memory
(8 December 2013, 15:47)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a nice find,.. I would also have taken a good note of it,... I may even have staked it out a few time, to see who comes around,.. after all you may know the person, might well turn out to be a very good person to befriend,...is it very far from where you live?

maybe 16 miles away at a push , can only belong to the occupants of house i would imagine just someone forgot to switch light off ,
do you think they actually know its there?? I'd have been inclined to "liberate" a few of the smaller items!!Angel
(8 December 2013, 16:12)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]do you think they actually know its there?? I'd have been inclined to "liberate" a few of the smaller items!!Angel

am nearly certain they know its there , its his barn and there is some modern things in aswell as older things (he is in 70's) , tempted maybe but not worth risk may move it if things went walkies
(8 December 2013, 16:14)Shaysdad99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(8 December 2013, 16:12)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]do you think they actually know its there?? I'd have been inclined to "liberate" a few of the smaller items!!Angel

am nearly certain they know its there , its his barn and there is some modern things in aswell as older things (he is in 70's) , tempted maybe but not worth risk may move it if things went walkies
yeah, see what you mean. maybe keep an eye on it, if he moves or goes into a home or (sorry) snuffs it, you want to be in there quick before someone else is.
(8 December 2013, 16:27)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(8 December 2013, 16:14)Shaysdad99 Wrote: [ -> ]

yeah, see what you mean. maybe keep an eye on it, if he moves or goes into a home or (sorry) snuffs it, you want to be in there quick before someone else is.

added to sat nav favourites and on list , up that way once a week so will keep eye open
So the first impulse is note the site for future looting?

Not a mention of going to the owner with;

"You left the light on in the barn cellar. I turned it off for you. If you ever need a hand with any of that type thing let me know, I have much the same on my own."

From the list of items mentioned the owner seems to know what he is doing and at his age might know a thing or two. And imagine what he has inside the house! He might just be a good "new best friend".

A good one to approach today might be a bad one to approach after SHTF.
Pages: 1 2 3 4