Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stumbled across a cache
8 December 2013, 13:57,
Stumbled across a cache
Out working the on thursday went to a property out on a68 deserted middle of nowhere , owner had agreed what i needed to do would involve me going into a barn (meaning i had right to enter) any how once i completed what i needed to do i noticed a light in middle of floor , hatch was easy to find under boxes , 6ft by 6ft cellar type thing full of food , med stuff , sleeping bags etc shovels , generator ,

noted location would you of done the sameExclamation
8 December 2013, 14:41,
RE: Stumbled across a cache
(8 December 2013, 13:57)Shaysdad99 Wrote: Out working the on thursday went to a property out on a68 deserted middle of nowhere , owner had agreed what i needed to do would involve me going into a barn (meaning i had right to enter) any how once i completed what i needed to do i noticed a light in middle of floor , hatch was easy to find under boxes , 6ft by 6ft cellar type thing full of food , med stuff , sleeping bags etc shovels , generator ,

noted location would you of done the sameExclamation

damn right!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 December 2013, 15:47,
Thats a nice find,.. I would also have taken a good note of it,... I may even have staked it out a few time, to see who comes around,.. after all you may know the person, might well turn out to be a very good person to befriend,...is it very far from where you live?
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 December 2013, 15:50,
if it was close enough to be of practical use then its worth committing to memory
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
8 December 2013, 15:56,
(8 December 2013, 15:47)Highlander Wrote: Thats a nice find,.. I would also have taken a good note of it,... I may even have staked it out a few time, to see who comes around,.. after all you may know the person, might well turn out to be a very good person to befriend,...is it very far from where you live?

maybe 16 miles away at a push , can only belong to the occupants of house i would imagine just someone forgot to switch light off ,
8 December 2013, 16:12,
do you think they actually know its there?? I'd have been inclined to "liberate" a few of the smaller items!!Angel
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 December 2013, 16:14,
(8 December 2013, 16:12)bigpaul Wrote: do you think they actually know its there?? I'd have been inclined to "liberate" a few of the smaller items!!Angel

am nearly certain they know its there , its his barn and there is some modern things in aswell as older things (he is in 70's) , tempted maybe but not worth risk may move it if things went walkies
8 December 2013, 16:27,
(8 December 2013, 16:14)Shaysdad99 Wrote:
(8 December 2013, 16:12)bigpaul Wrote: do you think they actually know its there?? I'd have been inclined to "liberate" a few of the smaller items!!Angel

am nearly certain they know its there , its his barn and there is some modern things in aswell as older things (he is in 70's) , tempted maybe but not worth risk may move it if things went walkies
yeah, see what you mean. maybe keep an eye on it, if he moves or goes into a home or (sorry) snuffs it, you want to be in there quick before someone else is.
8 December 2013, 16:31,
(8 December 2013, 16:27)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 December 2013, 16:14)Shaysdad99 Wrote:

yeah, see what you mean. maybe keep an eye on it, if he moves or goes into a home or (sorry) snuffs it, you want to be in there quick before someone else is.

added to sat nav favourites and on list , up that way once a week so will keep eye open
8 December 2013, 17:37,
So the first impulse is note the site for future looting?

Not a mention of going to the owner with;

"You left the light on in the barn cellar. I turned it off for you. If you ever need a hand with any of that type thing let me know, I have much the same on my own."

From the list of items mentioned the owner seems to know what he is doing and at his age might know a thing or two. And imagine what he has inside the house! He might just be a good "new best friend".

A good one to approach today might be a bad one to approach after SHTF.