Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Offering help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Bridge ???, whatcha talking about ?
s13 said joking I would sometimes want to push NR off a bridge ,I am saying I have found the said bridge. only joking matey
Ah OK, no probs Smile lets hope I land on a lefty Smile
Bulletscott - what a great offer. No need repeating what others have said but you're the sort of person that would be a huge asset in times of trouble, hope we can meet one day, buddy!

Speaking of meets, our meets with SD (NW meets) usually have very few attendants. Many say they're coming but don't, I guess it's the unfortunate standard.

However, those that do attend benefit greatly from loads of useful information and demos regarding a wide variety of subjects. I, for one, really appreciate the expertise and professionalism brought to these venues. Although I'm travelling over 100 miles round trip, it's an experience that would be difficult to find easily elsewhere. Oddly enough, despite the low numbers, we run out of time! Last weekend I needed to ideally leave about 4pm ish but stayed til early evening cos of Ken Eames and Time Lord letting loose with some of their knowledge.

May I suggest a NE meet? I for one would certainly make the effort to contribute and meet with you lot further north!
very good made me giggleSmile
Scott, I personally don't think that there is many Survivalists/Preppers here in our region , Or if there is they are not making themselves known on forums such as SUK. ..Ive tried to hook up with like minded folk up here its NOT as simple as exchanging numbers mate ..YOU will get time wasters...or worse. Preppers OPSEC is something you cant replace ...once its been breached.
Ive honestly only met TWO North East Prepp/Surv in my few years as one.......Northern Raider and MossTrooper and only NR I can say I TRUST 100%...obviously farther afield is BigPaul whom I trust too.
I have found that it sometimes drives you crazy NOT to have another person to "click" with on a subject you feel will give you a better chance than the flock ...come the Day! All i can say is Good Luck ...and there may be others "up Here "??? !! Take up NRs offer of a Basic Prepper guide ...get some things you can afford....learn to use them ....and research what subjects will be relevant to you...look around Washington...very urban...how far to the nearest woods...Penshaw? try looking for a place to camp out with basic items maybe...at least its not sunderland !!...get a map of your area....its a start....AND id rather have cupboards full of pot noodles (as long as I had the water!!) than an empty cupboard anyday !! cheers RW
Just to flip it the other way round, just cos someone says they are a prepper doesnt make them good people, sadly iv only met up with one person from here and despite being extremely careful and mistrustful to start with, some people are evil and patient enough to build up a friendship then take advantage of said friendship and leave that person being totally vulnerable.
I can safely say I have met several people from this site and without exception I could work with ALL of them post SHTF-if I had too, maybe I've just been lucky or maybe I can get on with most people in a pinch, however there are several of my neighbours I cant say the same about, some I wouldn't even turn my back on in safety, but isn't that sheeple all over?Big Grin
I've got good links with about 8 or 9 people off this site, many of whom have visited my home and I now consider friends, but equally I have attracted some folks who were either nut jobs or time wasters, or simply someone curious but not really interested in prepping. However the latter started outnumbering the former so I don't RV with anyone in the NE any more.

Thinking about it briefly I find that most of the folks I've got good relationships with in general are folks from outside the area, Salisbury /Morcombe, Western Isles, Wirral, Sheffield, Devon etc plus RW locally.
If you have some ground and you don't mind some one giving their appraisal and some pointers from what they have learned, let me know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4