Survival UK Forums

Full Version: who are we
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
nice one guy's thats brought the age down a bit.
41, Chartered Engineer, run my own Consultancy Firm in North Devon. Divorced last year after being married for 17 years, no kids, 2 dogs, and happiest I've ever been despite working stupid hours.
big paul, big by name, big by nature!!Big Grin 65 Retired office manager and self employed gardener, spend most of my time either scavenging, going to markets or car boot sales.
50 yrs old, Musician, read History and Archaeology at Univeristy, don't own a watch and do anything I please. Hopelessly into traditional Archery, and medieval weapons.
Old gits Big Grin

32, Information Analyst, run my own consultancy firm, currently working with the NHS.
Another on the elderly side, I'm afraid.

53, professional, with top university degree. Successful media executive who gave it all up to be an independent but struggling writer instead. Possibly the most unlikely looking prepper you'll ever meet. Only been doing it seriously for a year. Married, no children. Love fell-walking, and still think of Cumbria as home.

I'm also a chronic asthmatic - have been since childhood. I'm doing all I can for it - have so far stockpiled 18 months' worth of prescription medicine, have acquired a battery-powered nebuliser, am slowly weaning myself to need fewer and fewer drugs, and have experimented with various herbal and homemade remedies which can be used post SHTF. Even so, I know that if disaster lasts much longer than a year, then my chances of survival are slim.

I still have to try. My husband is not a prepper, but he is infinitely better suited to it than I am. He's relatively fit, and can build or repair just about anything, from brick-laying to plumbing and wiring and computers. My job is to keep my (so far oblivious) husband alive for a year, by which time I hope to get him into some kind of group or community which will value his skills. Everything I do is geared to this end.
don't knock it BM, its called a lifetimes experience something that only comes as we get older. my friend Freddy is 80 years old, can hardly walk but what he knows about farming, growing and livestock will be invaluable post SHTF.
(31 March 2014, 13:24)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]don't knock it BM, its called a lifetimes experience something that only comes as we get older. my friend Freddy is 80 years old, can hardly walk but what he knows about farming, growing and livestock will be invaluable post SHTF.

If he has someone to look after him...

I presume what he knows about farming, growing and livestock isn't freely available in books then? I'd rather arm myself with the knowledge now, than rely on someone else...
he has the knowledge and would be able to SHOW you how to do it, but then I suppose that is the attitude of the young throughout all civilisations, no one can teach them anything.
It's got nothing to do with age, sir, it's intelligence that counts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5