Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Analogy Of The 20 Titanic Lifeboats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
But Barney they've only let us have 3 inch non locking folders lol
oh yes MM ,but there is a lot of us matey Smile
I was born in the North, of course I'm cynical and scepticalBig Grin
(27 March 2015, 18:12)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]just like the French revolution ,chop there heads off ,and start again Smile

You already did that once, long before the French.

Both you and France wound up with dictators that were much worse than the kings they replaced.
i think pot kettle MMSmile
well up till now, the point has been missed......in my opinion....the more i stay here ..it amazes me how a thread can be misread ..and the power of the written word be so misunderstood , to be honest its beyond my comprehension ....but there again i could be a twat. please send postcard with your reply....i am not holding my breath at this point.
No SS you are spot on.
You post something that is what I would call thought provoking contents and the majority either don't read it or don't understand it or have nothing better to do than sit on their little computers and post silly, stupid and plain idiotic comments.

I really wonder why sometimes I even bother to post things like this.
As you said earlier, you got it. They did not and it is no worth the energy trying to explain it to them, they are just plain thick.

Now if these honest comments get banned by the Mods then good oh.
And if anyone is actually reading this and genuinely wants decent discussion on 'survival' and just 'preps' then by all means PM and email me through the site.
I'll reply after my ban and at least by corresponding that way we will not get the one line daft idiotic replies.
If per chance you do not get a reply then contact Big Paul and ask him for my email.
Good by for now John
it was a joke ,have a sense of humour ,if you don't like the post don't bloody read it .god give me strength
What I see in this entire thread is the cultural differences among prepper communities world wide.

Parables are presented for the exact reason that they can be interpreted openly and understood based on varying cultural contexts.

I would not expect any 5 or 6 people reading this analogy to have the same grasp of the story simply due to the mental state of the individuals. Not bad, not good, simply different.

That and I suppose I have posted enough on this forum that I realize no matter what I post or what intent I have when I post, someone is going to misunderstand the content or intent.
Yes MB , i find it very frustrating but as you elude to, not all will get the true nature or thrust of what the thread is really about, bugger all we can do ...just accept it....but it is hard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4