Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Bargain beans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just been to tesco & they had 4pk of Branston baked beans for 64p. At 16p per can, it beats even value brand cans hands down. As a family we go through a fair few tins of beans each month so we stocked up. 14 packs (56 tins) should last a while. Even so, I'm going back for more on Monday when the Mrs is out.
Thanks for the heads up Rob .....going to get some tomorrow!
Cheers going tomorrow
aldi red kidney beans 23p a tin same price as always but not stuffed with sugar and salt.
I'm standing downwind
blimey that is cheap.
Seems to be that I can get better deals these days from the supermarkets than I can from approved foods! Also our local tescos now sell huge cuts of meat half price. Picked up a slab of Aberdeen Angus, should have been £42 for £21! Same last week with lamb shoulder and the week before with gammon.
Still don't think it competes with good farm shops for price, but I've not really seen a good farm shop since I left Cornwall.

No real work on since April, so need all the cheap food I can find! Food stores have been seriously depleted.
just seen half a lamb for sale in a nearby town butchers for £49...that's pretty good, we have been paying £60 or more for the same thing, pity there is no room in the freezer!!
Another trip today ! i now have eighty cans......BLAZING SADDLES..cheers robo !
BeardyMan, I find if you take an extra £20 with you to the supermarket, you can always seem to find something massively marked down for no reason at all. I'm just glad they enjoy doing loss-leader items to attract people in. It's our job to take full advantage of them.

BP I want to see if I can get a cheap lean-to on the back of the house & get a decent sized chest freezer in there to stock up on meat & also surplus veg from the allotment.

Not a problem SS, glad it's helped someone.