Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Pork tenderloin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rained all night and looks like it will keep up for the day. No going out for anything so why not make the house smell good?

I bought a pork tenderloin on offer real cheap earlier in the week and decided now was the time to cook it.

I remembered a time a decade ago when my late wife cooked one of these over the campfire in a dutch oven so I decided to do that rather than the slow roast everyone normally does. Of course with this weather I am restricted to the hob in the kitchen and what pots and pans I can find.

I seared the meat in a cast iron skillet using bacon grease, garlic and onions. After that I transferred the meat to a pot along with the saute onions and garlic bits. Cooked it for 45 minutes more.

When it was finished I added a package of seasoned wild rice and a package of frozen green peas.

I gave the mess a taste test a moment ago and it is a dish fit to eat, so supper is done for tonight.
Right up my street MB ......yesterday morning my wife cut up a pile of veg and threw it into a 5 ltr pot wacked it on the wood stove it simmered away all day , adding the beef and other stuff through out the day the smells filled the room ...as i toiled away outdoors and being called in for coffee's the torment of anticipation reminded me when she was seventeen and in that red mini skirt.....at least i don't get smacked in the mouth these days.
Sounds good MB, next time lift the loin out of the pan and and come cider (or dry white wine) and make a sauce/gravy from this stock, its a match made in heaven.
Glad I came across this. This is definitely a mouthwatering recipe. Smile