Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Armageddon flu virus suspend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Scientists behind Armageddon flu virus suspend their research because it 'could put world at risk of catastrophic pandemic'

Researchers studying a potentially more lethal, airborne version of bird flu have suspended their studies because of concerns the mutant virus they have created could be used as a devastating form of bioterrorism or accidentally escape the lab.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnew...demic.html
Science is going to far these days. The scientists may have stopped the reach but i bet the military will carry it on.
And they didn't think of that before they started the research and proposed it to the military.

This is a perfect example of no common sense.
BUT i dont expect they have destroyed the samples, have they?? they will be in some lab, for anyone to find, and use?
If I read it right they have only stopped it for 6 weeks while they review it
(22 January 2012, 12:03)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]BUT i dont expect they have destroyed the samples, have they?? they will be in some lab, for anyone to find, and use?

Or, they will be in some lab for someone to knock over, have it break on the floor, and release into the air of The Hive, infecting all the workers, and maybe even escaping into the countryside.

I'm a little curious though. At what point does a guy saying "Hey, I might be a little drunk, but here me out I've got an idea...remember that bird-flu that killed a load of people..." seem like a good idea?
It does make you wonder if germs have been released before?.
(23 January 2012, 10:20)uks Wrote: [ -> ]It does make you wonder if germs have been released before?.

It makes me wonder whether they have been released again.

I remember a conspiracy nut saying that AIDs was released in Africa as a form of population control, and that it was man made.
I heard that as well.