Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armageddon flu virus suspend
22 January 2012, 05:11,
Armageddon flu virus suspend

Scientists behind Armageddon flu virus suspend their research because it 'could put world at risk of catastrophic pandemic'

Researchers studying a potentially more lethal, airborne version of bird flu have suspended their studies because of concerns the mutant virus they have created could be used as a devastating form of bioterrorism or accidentally escape the lab.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnew...demic.html
22 January 2012, 08:17,
RE: Armageddon flu virus suspend
Science is going to far these days. The scientists may have stopped the reach but i bet the military will carry it on.
22 January 2012, 11:52,
And they didn't think of that before they started the research and proposed it to the military.

This is a perfect example of no common sense.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 January 2012, 12:03,
BUT i dont expect they have destroyed the samples, have they?? they will be in some lab, for anyone to find, and use?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 January 2012, 15:34,
If I read it right they have only stopped it for 6 weeks while they review it
23 January 2012, 09:23,
(22 January 2012, 12:03)bigpaul Wrote: BUT i dont expect they have destroyed the samples, have they?? they will be in some lab, for anyone to find, and use?

Or, they will be in some lab for someone to knock over, have it break on the floor, and release into the air of The Hive, infecting all the workers, and maybe even escaping into the countryside.

I'm a little curious though. At what point does a guy saying "Hey, I might be a little drunk, but here me out I've got an idea...remember that bird-flu that killed a load of people..." seem like a good idea?
23 January 2012, 10:20,
It does make you wonder if germs have been released before?.
23 January 2012, 10:29,
(23 January 2012, 10:20)uks Wrote: It does make you wonder if germs have been released before?.

It makes me wonder whether they have been released again.

I remember a conspiracy nut saying that AIDs was released in Africa as a form of population control, and that it was man made.
23 January 2012, 12:16,
I heard that as well.