Survival UK Forums

Full Version: The Grand Solar Minimum - A Mini Ice Age 2020-2055
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(28 November 2018, 13:50)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]help! We're all going to die!

Just how far down the rabbit hole are you planning to go anyway?

You have no verification or a single valid source for any of this speculation outside a bunch of internet blogs. Even your news sources are rife with speculation and admit there is no historic record to back up the predictions.

It is winter. It gets cold every winter and every winter these hair brained stories and predictions circulate. Lord help us if an arctic vortex should form. You would go completely bonkers.

Winter came last year, and the year before and I am old enough to remember winters that you can not imagine back in the 1960s!

You have truly gone off the deep end with this one.

Oh and BTW, it's not Winter it's AUTUMN!

Autumn 2018 in Northern Hemisphere began on
Saturday, 22 September
and ends on
Friday, 21 December

All dates are in Eastern Time.
So lets get down to WHAT ? We intend doing about this event (within what we already do ) tadx has told us of his (plan) to sell his home and build a new home of straw bales ,keep chickens,keep rabbits (New Zealand Whites ) good choice what about Flemish Giants ? And all the rest of his plans ! Now that is some commitment ! I have told you what I have done with my new place and what I do week in week out and have done for years ,like most of members on here (MB even longer ) so let's say we have had the warning , what happens next then being given another threat fshtf ? To me ....I just incorporate this within my existing plan and tweak up where I need to , do we really need the latest links ,will they make us anymore aware than we already are ? So tradx because you are new here give us some background of you are able how long have you been prepping? Are the reasons just for this event? Will you post on any other subject matter? Like what are you doing right now towards your preps.
well i will have have a little bit to do to be fully prepared for such an event, to start with i would need to find a way to continue to grow food as green houses would not be much use without some kind of extra heat source and the ground source heat that tadx mentioned would not work here without some serious machinery to dig down through rock so i will have to figure that one out for a start, i like MB stock lots of tinned food which i rotate constantly as well as pasta and rice, i also have a minimum 6 month supply of MREs in the stores on top of the other stores, i can already filter and purify enough water to last a life time and have 2 IBCs full in storage plus a 30 gallon stash in the house . for heat i have paraffin heaters and a good stock of paraffin, i also have a wood burner in the shed that could be moved to the house if needed.
So in a nutshell i will start to up the store of tinned food and everything else including the MREs and im gonna see what i can do about the heat for the greenhouses, night have to get a bit inventive on this one
o and i also have the ability and the means to hunt food as well as a massive fishing equipment store and 2 boats as well as lobster and crab pots, which is handy considering the Atlantic ocean is 100 yards away from my front door with massive amounts of shellfish on the rocks and beaches to help with food stocks
(28 November 2018, 18:58)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]So lets get down to WHAT ? We intend doing about this event (within what we already do ) tadx has told us of his (plan) to sell his home and build a new home of straw bales ,keep chickens,keep rabbits (New Zealand Whites ) good choice what about Flemish Giants ? And all the rest of his plans ! Now that is some commitment ! I have told you what I have done with my new place and what I do week in week out and have done for years ,like most of members on here (MB even longer ) so let's say we have had the warning , what happens next then being given another threat fshtf ? To me ....I just incorporate this within my existing plan and tweak up where I need to , do we really need the latest links ,will they make us anymore aware than we already are ? So tradx because you are new here give us some background of you are able how long have you been prepping? Are the reasons just for this event? Will you post on any other subject matter? Like what are you doing right now towards your preps.

I have known that the powers that run the world have been preparing for something for quite a long time, I just couldn't work out what. I knew something was coming as everything was moving so fast. It wasn't until about 6 months ago that I came across the GSM. I didn't take it very seriously at the time, as it just seemed like another moronic Nibiru type thing. It wasn't until I looked at the science and the fact that what was coming was cyclical that I started to take it more seriously. Also I could see the crazy weather systems, like in March this year when we had a shit load of snow completely out of character for UK weather. It wasn't until the Zharkova presentation that I thought of more seriously preparing for it and to try and warn people. I think this is the same for most people who knew about the GSM, Zharkova's work was so on point and bad that it kicked a load of people into gear.

It all just made sense for me, as the gov were blaming it all on CO2 which I knew was a lie. So when this came out, I just thought, those sneaky f*ckers are gunna blame the coming mayhem on a CO2. It was at this point it all fell into place.

For preps, I have about 6 months supply of food at the moment, however, I will be upping that to about 3 years supply (minimum), over the coming months. So I have: rice (200kg), kidney beans (150kg), Pinto beans (75kg), sugar (15kg), salt (10kg), powered milk with vit d (10kg), freeze dried coffee (20kg), oatmeal (50kg), 5kg of vit C powder, 2 years supply of vitamin D tablets.

Fishing equipment for sea fishing locally. A kelly kettle for heat and cooking if it gets really bad, also about 10 small propane cans for a small gas cooker; Berkey Water filter with 4 extra filters. I want to get a distiller for water distillation and to make alcohol - should be getting that in January.

I don't have any weapons yet, but I want to get a good machete and crossbow. I also want to get a good first aid kit with stitching equipment. Also I need to get a ton of books on growing and hunting, electronics, chemistry etc.

I will post on other forums soon, it just seems like no one is about. :p
(28 November 2018, 20:16)roddas Wrote: [ -> ]o and i also have the ability and the means to hunt food as well as a massive fishing equipment store and 2 boats as well as lobster and crab pots, which is handy considering the Atlantic ocean is 100 yards away from my front door with massive amounts of shellfish on the rocks and beaches to help with food stocks

Badass! that's what I want. No matter how bad it gets, those crabs and lobsters will be fine below the sea. Also think about sea weed - there's only 2 varieties that aren't edible. Seaweed makes a good composting agent as well, because of the iodine.
(28 November 2018, 20:21)tadx Wrote: [ -> ]
(28 November 2018, 20:16)roddas Wrote: [ -> ]o and i also have the ability and the means to hunt food as well as a massive fishing equipment store and 2 boats as well as lobster and crab pots, which is handy considering the Atlantic ocean is 100 yards away from my front door with massive amounts of shellfish on the rocks and beaches to help with food stocks

Badass! that's what I want. No matter how bad it gets, those crabs and lobsters will be fine below the sea. Also think about sea weed - there's only 2 varieties that aren't edible. Seaweed makes a good composting agent as well, because of the iodine.

the seaweed is our main source of fertiliser that we use in our gardens here already, and there are massive kelp beds just off shore which we can easily harvest as well
Found this information, goes back to 1600, nothing new is going on, we have always had bad winters and snowfalls in spring are not unusual.

netweather.tv/weath.../winter/winter-history
Buy yourselves a dehydrator ,some Mylar bags ,oxygen absorbers ,mason jars and a vacuum sealer , just these items will enable you to reduce BULk of fresh produce down to small ....and I do mean small manageable storage amounts enabling more food in a smaller storage area ....or ...even better you will have the ability to store ten times the amount ! Plus more food options of Fresh foods......but when things are plentiful and cheap , I was given cooking Apple's some weeks back Free I have frozen six kelo,s and dehydrate about eight kelo,s as MB posted a few weeks back his dehydrator runs 24/7 in the growing season (nothing he grows go,s to waste ) it's just plain common sense .

So the lesson here is a no brainer Dehydration is a must ! Plus you know what is going inside to begin with and you can control your stores better with (what you have at hand ) my advice is start there ,you will be surprised how good food can stack up along with what you can do with this bit of kit for around £150.00 you could be up running and assuring your future survival .....I did like MB s post on eggs ,not done that (all my trays are perforated ) but I will find a way though.
(28 November 2018, 19:25)roddas Wrote: [ -> ]well i will have have a little bit to do to be fully prepared for such an event, to start with i would need to find a way to continue to grow food as green houses would not be much use without some kind of extra heat source and the ground source heat that tadx mentioned would not work here without some serious machinery to dig down through rock so i will have to figure that one out for a start, i like MB stock lots of tinned food which i rotate constantly as well as pasta and rice, i also have a minimum 6 month supply of MREs in the stores on top of the other stores, i can already filter and purify enough water to last a life time and have 2 IBCs full in storage plus a 30 gallon stash in the house . for heat i have paraffin heaters and a good stock of paraffin, i also have a wood burner in the shed that could be moved to the house if needed.
So in a nutshell i will start to up the store of tinned food and everything else including the MREs and im gonna see what i can do about the heat for the greenhouses, night have to get a bit inventive on this one

I was looking into your greenhouse heating predicament and came across this:

https://www.permaculture.co.uk/articles/...and-manure

Compost keeps at a constant state of 40C if properly done. That in combination with a few of these:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HE...ywQAvD_BwE

A 200W solar panel could easily run two of those heaters with energy left over for night time.

It depends on how insulated the greenhouse is too. Maybe replace the panes with these:

https://www.pvccladding.com/products/mul...U4QAvD_BwE

Using water bottles to heat a greenhouse:

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/use-water-...81401.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spehA8I-3fI

Not sure how good that'd be, but I reckon it'll be a multi-method solution. It might help if you painted the bottles black too, as that absorbs heat.

I suppose it depends on how much ££ you have to burn on this project.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9