Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Ukraine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Welcome back MB ! And yes Charles has presented some excellent posts ....(as always ).....thanks for your insights
Lots in there to take away ....thanks to both .
Russian troop convoy now with 10 miles of the capital.
imo Putin will get what he wants from the Ukraine. Sanctions will be made. Putin will throttle the gas and bring our economies even further down. Then China will take Taiwan . The West fighting a cold war against two nuclear powers will back down like the bullies we are. China and Russia will set up their own infrastructures to get around the sanctions. If we lock Russia out of Swift they will set up their own and all the countries we have pissed off will move to that. The West can't ramp up quickly enough after our insane move to net 0 and we will need to buy from these countries at a much inflated price screwing our economies and fueling theirs.

I don't see this going nuclear but if it does it'll be because we start it. Putin is being very careful in what he is doing there. Minimising casualties and using his second line troops. This enables the first line to be immediately available to counter us if we move. Although that is unlikely all we are doing is talking and sanctions and we are not even aligned with that.

Putin is losing the info war though. The West has it down to a fine art now after Trump, Brexit, the Flu, etc. So when we are told Putin is doing badly most believe it. Enough so those poor city Ukrainians think they have a chance and waste their lives.

Don't even know why we are involved. The Ukraine has been in a civil war for years. I suspect we only want to get involved because we can base forces there and weaken Russia because Putin isn't in alignment with wiping us all out. Ukraine not joining NATO was a promise made decades ago and now being ignored, From what I can see the Ukraine is practically a member of NATO now. Their Command and Control systems are already integrated. They are hosting 26 biolabs all working on Bioweapons right by the Russian border. I didn't even think there were 26 across the world but there are 26 just in the Ukraine. Putin will have all this data now and all the samples.
SD , that’s the best assessment yet ! 100% agree with every word.
China will take Taiwan, it is inevitable, sad but true. Whether or not this will initiate the "Thucydides" trap were a rising power with territorial ambitions inevitably comes up against one already in place remains to be seen. There are only two possible outcomes, Taiwan falls and the other parties do nothing, or Taiwan falls and they react. My background is in History/Archaeology and I know which way patterns play out through all the preceding times and civilisations, the times change but patterns don't. I have a few thoughts and projections on possible outcomes using history as a basis, some of them quite unpopular I'm sure, but none made with any emotional attachment just cold facts.
China has always said Taiwan was part of it and intended to take it back. This is their best opportunity while the west are also dealing with Russia they won't want to take on two nuclear armed superpowers. Also China, unlike the West, doesn't tend to interfere too much with countries at the other side of the world. They just don't want them under the Wests control.

The era of the West as world leaders is coming to an end. Brought down by a bunch of limp wrists who just don't accept human nature or any reality and self serving politicians.
(13 March 2022, 13:23)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]China has always said Taiwan was part of it and intended to take it back. This is their best opportunity while the west are also dealing with Russia they won't want to take on two nuclear armed superpowers. Also China, unlike the West, doesn't tend to interfere too much with countries at the other side of the world. They just don't want them under the Wests control.

The era of the West as world leaders is coming to an end. Brought down by a bunch of limp wrists who just don't accept human nature or any reality and self serving politicians.

it isnt just the Western politicians that are limp wristed, look at all the woke, gender and trans crap that is so prevalent these days.
The West has become so decadent they couldnt punch their way out of a paper bag never mind a war.
Putin will not accept Ukraine as a NATO/EU member on his doorstep, and why should he? Setting aside the historical and cultural ties that make Ukraine an inseparable part of the greater Russian experience, it’s not reasonable for us to expect Russia to roll over on a NATO/EU conversion. We almost went to nukes over Cuba becoming a soviet doormat a generation or two ago, and there’s a lot of water between us . . . would we swallow the pill if we were talking about bordering Mexico joining a political, military and economic alliance with Russia? Of course not.

The only reasonable way forward, as I see it, is for Ukraine to be an independent, but neutral, state. One that serves as a buffer between West and East. That’s the only way we get out of this without Ukraine’s destruction, and/or getting into a shooting war with Russia. These people who are hell-bent on NATO/EU membership for Ukraine are fueling the engine that will destroy Ukraine, I think.

Ukraine, by the way, is not a liberal western democracy. They have cleverly positioned themselves as one, in the West’s mind, to gain our support and lure us into this fight, but this is not England we’re talking about, and I see nothing to justify direct American involvement in this mess.

The Ukrainian government was a key player in the fraud that supported a treasonous attack on POTUS and the corruption of our electoral system. They’ve been paying bribes to Biden and his mob. These are not friends of America, and I feel no special bond to them that justifies sending our kids to join their proxy war against Russia.

Putin is an evil bastard, who’s hurting innocent civilians with his invasion. That’s regrettable, but if we’re honest, the West bears a lot of the blame for instigating this. Had we not pushed NATO/EU conversion so hard, Putin would not have been compelled to lash out.

We need to back off of this NATO/EU talk immediately, but instead we’re doubling down on it, and recruiting more nations to join the chorus. That’s a Fool’s Game that will only guarantee the destruction of Ukraine, and perhaps a wider war in Europe and beyond.
Charles you’ve hit the nail on the head.
I was just going to say the same thing Pete. Possibly the worst aspect to this is if Brandon and his cronies are actively engaged in this escalation for whatever ends they seek.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19