Survival UK Forums

Full Version: WW3 conscription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"RAF Lakenheath to house US nuclear weapons" news report Lunchtime today.
So the Chinese and Russians will just move the targeting point on a couple of their nukes and we can expect a huge influx of immigrants there ready for a preemptive strike. No big deal.

I find it funny how the UK government has spent 100 years disarming and pussifying the UK and then they will hand out guns and bigger weapons for a non existent threat. Finally, I'm ge able to get some tools to complete my preps.
the threat is not non existent, the threat is real, whether it comes to actually happen is the unknown bit.
Going by the many videos that I've seen, I don't think that anyone would willingly go and fight, they would have to be dragged. Realistically, what good would the woke, weak youngsters of today be good for, they would be more of an hindrance to any military surely?
Personally, I would worry about "the flower of our youth" to coin a phrase from WW1 being squandered on a killing field in easter Europe.
Because of demographics, we can prescious afford to lose our youth and what and who, will replace them ?
Imagine women living in a city, knowing that their son's and brothers were going to war, whilst their "neighbours" sons and brothers, cousins, second cousins and others were staying home.
Would those women feel safe ? What would they write to their men at the front line and how would those men feel, getting those letters ?
no one is going to fight in Eastern Europe but what if war comes to the UK? we might have to fight for our very existence, how many will refuse to fight then? I wont-refuse that is.
Conscription is by it's nature not voluntary, so in the event of a foreign war (Europe or elsewhere). People will go abroad to fight.
There will be punitive laws put in place if enough try to refuse.
It's possible, mass refusals and demonstrations might put govt off but I personally doubt it.
Fighting because of invasion, is a different matter but is invasion a reality as such ?
What enemy wants to invade us, what countries do they have to invade/cross to get here ?
We and the USA have a history of crossing the world to fight, as part of the NATO/whoever nonsense of constant interference in other wars/problems.
If we were invaded, voluntary forces would all thars required, if we got embroiled in a foreign war that went on and on, conscription "may" come in.
For me it's not a problem I'm exempt by age but my daughters aren't (would they do a Ukraine and turn to women, when the men died in numbers ?
And as far as invasion goes per se, isn't it already underway and has been for 20-30 yrs.
Gaddafi said, Europe would be conquered without a shot being fired. Was he wrong ?
immigration is certainly a problem and especially the illegal small boats crossing, until the govt- of any party- sorts this out it will get worse, we are being invaded and nobody in authority seems to care.
I'm exempt by age too but if it comes to picking up a rifle and fighting invaders I will do it, I wont survive but I'll take some of them with me.
(18 February 2024, 13:57)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]immigration is certainly a problem and especially the illegal small boats crossing, until the govt- of any party- sorts this out it will get worse, we are being invaded and nobody in authority seems to care.
I'm exempt by age too but if it comes to picking up a rifle and fighting invaders I will do it, I wont survive but I'll take some of them with me.

I admire your desire to defend your country and if it turns into a Ukraine like situation, then older men could be conscripted as well.
I won't voluntarily, because my primary duty is to my daughters, being dead or heavily wounded, means I won't be around to defend and guide them.
My country as such, ceased 20-30 yrs ago, our leaders, past present and future aren't governing for the ordinary people and consider us, beneath contempt. They won't change direction after we rise up in defence of our country, it will be what it always been.
"Tommy this, Tommy that, Chuck him out the brute.
But hero of the hour, when the guns begin to shoot !
The day fightings over, it's back to business as usual, selling us out and we're all racist scum.

So, my allegiance is to family and if that involves helping them survive after war, even if we lose, so be it. I'm prepping to survive not volunteering to die.
IF war comes then conscription will be mandatory, no ifs no buts, my father was conscripted in 1940 and my grandfather was conscripted for WW1 and survived The Somme.
brother in law is retired regular Army-Warrant Officer.
you will however notice that our UK politician's off spring NEVER serve in the wars that they start.
Pages: 1 2 3 4