Survival UK Forums

Full Version: WW3 conscription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
My thoughts on conscription, hasn't so many things changed since the two previous wars? The growth in population and attitudes in general, let alone all the woke gender nonesense, making males more feminine in general.
If the masses refuse to go period, there isn't even enough empty prison cells to put them in for example.
I hope and doubt that conscription would actually work in this day and age but who knows??
(19 February 2024, 13:32)earthman Wrote: [ -> ]My thoughts on conscription, hasn't so many things changed since the two previous wars? The growth in population and attitudes in general, let alone all the woke gender nonesense, making males more feminine in general.
If the masses refuse to go period, there isn't even enough empty prison cells to put them in for example.
I hope and doubt that conscription would actually work in this day and age but who knows??

yes, you could be right, but anyone who refuses to fight for their country- when it is threatened by the likes of Russian dictators- dosent deserve to live here, thats my opinion.
(19 February 2024, 12:42)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]IF war comes then conscription will be mandatory, no ifs no buts, my father was conscripted in 1940 and my grandfather was conscripted for WW1 and survived The Somme.
brother in law is retired regular Army-Warrant Officer.
you will however notice that our UK politician's off spring NEVER serve in the wars that they start.

Anybody of middle age up, likely has relatives they either know, or know of by reputation who served. With a few exceptions, most working or middle class people have stories of, conscripts, volunteers, derring do.
We are rightly proud of these (both grandfather's of mine, father, uncles etc etc) even female relatives served in their way.
They are equally used against us, to push us "down the right road" because even though we may have doubts "we can be relied upon to do the right thing" because of who we are ?.right ?
Wrong, in my case, I don't piss on the memories or graves of the fallen, I don't besmirch their beliefs or why they fought.
But I'm sure, really really sure ! My dad if he were my age, with daughters my age and no other relative to watch over them ? Would do whatever it took to stay home for them, even if it meant his neighbours thinking bad of him.
Even more so today, when his "neighbours" might not be so much like him and his family anymore and might just prey on them.
I feel strongly about this but I respect others motives and opinions.
I'm going to bow out now.
if I had stayed living in a city I might have thought the same as you.
I dont have kids, never had kids and I got out of a city 25 years ago, a city is no place for a prepper.
(19 February 2024, 14:04)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(19 February 2024, 13:32)earthman Wrote: [ -> ]My thoughts on conscription, hasn't so many things changed since the two previous wars? The growth in population and attitudes in general, let alone all the woke gender nonesense, making males more feminine in general.

yes, you could be right, but anyone who refuses to fight for their country- when it is threatened by the likes of Russian dictators- dosent deserve to live here, thats my opinion.

It would be interesting to know what the average common Russian or any other citizen of another country would say if their 'leaders' wanted them to fight in a war.
I've travelled a fair bit over the decades, in general I've found the common citizen of all the countries I've visited to be friendly, hospitable, put you up for the night, give what little they have even,...most just want to get on with their life, take care of their family etc.
It's the leaders, corrupted people who want wars. What really 'makes' a country worth fighting for at the end of the day I'm wondering, not any of these corrupted leaders or governments I'm thinking.
Like with anyone who speaks the truth, this comedian got deleted from Youtube a long time ago, just found him covering the conscription subject on Rumble.

https://rumble.com/v4903kx-war-lol.html
(20 February 2024, 23:18)earthman Wrote: [ -> ]

It would be interesting to know what the average common Russian or any other citizen of another country would say if their 'leaders' wanted them to fight in a war.
I've travelled a fair bit over the decades, in general I've found the common citizen of all the countries I've visited to be friendly, hospitable, put you up for the night, give what little they have even,...most just want to get on with their life, take care of their family etc.
It's the leaders, corrupted people who want wars. What really 'makes' a country worth fighting for at the end of the day I'm wondering, not any of these corrupted leaders or governments I'm thinking.
Putin has increased conscription to 70 year olds, I wonder what the average Russian citizen thinks of that, the average 70 year old in the west would not be able to fight.
Here because of the last 3 times Britain has fought overseas , Iraq 1 and 2 plus Afghanistan the general feeling amongst the public is why ..how did we benefit was it worth the cost in lives and money .

If Britain was genuinely threatened with attack , invasion then yes conscription would work.
conscription would only work for us oldies, the youngsters have no intention of fighting.
(21 February 2024, 10:19)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(20 February 2024, 23:18)earthman Wrote: [ -> ]

Putin has increased conscription to 70 year olds, I wonder what the average Russian citizen thinks of that, the average 70 year old in the west would not be able to fight.

I never heard about that, is that really true I wonder? Sounds crazy doesn't it, the majority of 70 year olds are not going to be fit to fight a war no matter what country they are from. Apart from that, Putin's army is already huge, does he really need more citizens to sign up??
Pages: 1 2 3 4