Survival UK Forums
Respect - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Respect (/showthread.php?tid=6001)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Respect - Waylander - 17 September 2013

With respect, what some people see as Nit picking, may actually be a serious attempt to discuss an issue.

I seems some people want to post on a subject, and have there word taken as gospel.

Then when people dare to challenge them, they spit there dummy out and complainSad

We are all big boys (and ladiesSmile) if you can't handle a bit of a heated debate on an internet forum, you are truly fucked, when the going gets roughConfused

People tend to read insults into posts that aren't actually there.

The internet makes for a lot of crossed wire, and misinterpreted actions. But we are grown up and should take it all with a pitch of salt.

Throwing teddy out of the pram is a sign of intellectual immaturity.

WaylanderCool[/i]

RE: Respect - Grumpy Grandpa - 17 September 2013

I think I'll make the choice not to greet that with the response it deserves...

Well bollocks to that for a game of soldiers... that's the kind of shit stirring that causes trouble in the first place - and you damned well know it!

SD, how long are you banning me for?

(Right choice BP - where's that 'ignore' button...)

RE: Respect - Waylander - 17 September 2013

The internet makes for a lot of crossed wire, and misinterpreted actions. But we are grown up and should take it all with a pitch of salt.

Thank you for proving the above point RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes

WaylanderCool

RE: Respect - Lightspeed - 18 September 2013

(17 September 2013, 17:48)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(17 September 2013, 17:27)Sunna Wrote: yes their are those on here that will go through a post/thread knit picking and knocking everything in/on it , this stops maney from shairing their ideas and posting , worried they will be picked over .
i dont know the answer to this but something must be done .

THAT Sir is exactly why I have given up on this forum, its gone right into the gutter all the good posters who I admired and learned from have gone or rarely post, all thats left is a few newbies desperately trying to learn and a bunch of time wasters using the forum like a personal fiefdom, and I know be my E mail box that more tha a few people feel the same.

Did write a rant but chose to delete most of it because it would not achieve anything, so if anyone knows of a good prepper forum please let me know.

NR. this thread is titled respect.

Your reply is itself a perfect example of disrespect

You have disrespected the forum

You have disrespected the people who continue to post on the forum

You have disrespected all new members of the forum

I personally respect your in depth knowlege of prepping NR, I respect your expertise and knowledge. I respect your sharing that knowledge and experience and your encouragement of people new to the concept of prepping. But I scratch my head at why as such a prolific communicator, your interpersonal skills are so blunt.

Respect, that's the title of this thread, that#s all that is needed. True mutual respect is a foundation on which robust discussions can take place. Its OK to disagree, its OK to challenge ideas, but name calling and disrespect is just childish playground behaviour and gets us nowhere.

RE: Respect - River Song - 18 September 2013

Morning LS

We are up early !

(18 September 2013, 07:10)River Song Wrote: Morning LS

We are up early !

I'm a lark RS.... better functioning in the early hours... I go downhill in the afternoon.

Actually I'm usually up and about from 5am, so the is quite late for me.

Cool

BTW, you;re up early too RS!

RE: Respect - NorthernRaider - 18 September 2013

Light Speed

FYI I did not insult the newbies I pointed out their plight
As for respect,

Lesson one, that Sir is earned not commanded and those who I do respect are always treated with due respect.

Lesson two, Unlike nearly every response to my recent articles where nothing but snidy digs have been the response from the useual people, respect has to be a two way effort.

Lack of respect is why most of the best and most informative preppers have left SUK leaving the forum looking like a shadow of its former self.

Do have a nice day

NR

No one is commanding any one to respect in the way you are thinking. We're talking about respect meaning of civility, respecting others opinions, giving them space to express themselves without being shot down or belittled, respecting them as people.

Hope you haven't taken my response as a snidy dig. My intention was to give you constructive feedback on something you may not have realised you were doing.

As for the forum being a shadow of its former self, its just going through growing pains. Mutual respect, trust and encouragement to contribute by more experienced preppers like you and the others you mention are some of the things that will to take it to a higher level.

RE: Respect - Skean Dhude - 18 September 2013

The bit that amazes me is that a post on respect can through quite reasonable discussions turn into a slanging match. That is why I delete all the non prepping threads. Nothing ever works. Nothing. Yet when we talk prepping we come out with some good deas. Usually what kills that is people repeating their views post after post.

I've mixed feelings about the forums. They have contributed to my knowledge, I have met several people who have knowledge I respect. I like them.

However, there are a couple of people who stir things up, not enough to make me ban them because what they say is true or an opinion and I can be brutal myself when the need arises. Then there is retaliation, who to chastise? Then I have to go in and fix the issue, which takes me away from writing posts and my work, the one that pays for all this including the forum.

I just don't have the time so as usual it gets out of hand.

The ideal solution of course, imo, is just for people to ignore those that annoy them and if they are attacked just ignore the attack and inform me. But being the way we are we can't ignore people so it gets out of hand. If these people are ignored they have no fuel to keep going.

I will just keep it going and until it dies or I get fed up with fixing the issues. I'm getting what I want out of it. I'm just putting in to much in an area that provides no benefit. Even this reply has wasted a lot of my time and it isn't the first.

Nix is right though, we should have respect but this is the UK in 2013, people don't so suck it up and ignore those that annoy you, report those that attack you to me and get what you can from the forum. There are some really good people on here.

I do.