Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Respect
17 September 2013, 17:06,
Respect
I'm pretty new to this forum but reading the last few replies on the "Getting Real About Bugging Out" thread I thought I'd just like to give my thoughts.

One of the few forums I frequent is the ZZR1400 forum that is one of the best I've ever been on. This is largely due to everyone respecting each other. Simple as that. There's always going to be differing views but, with respect, that will naturally lead to healthy debates and not heated and/or emotional arguements.

This site has enormous potential for helping and guiding others who have similar beliefs and interests in prepping. We all know that prepping makes sense in a world that is way too fragile for it's own good. Nobody but nobody is 100% prepared. If SHTF, guaranteed we're all going to get caught out in some way, some worse than others. We can always learn something from someone else, sometimes it's from the most unlikely sources. What I'm getting at here is that it's becoming obvious that there are some people here who would like to contribute their knowledge or opinion but aren't doing so. I find that really sad and completely against the grain of what a site like this should represent.

I already have mucho respect for quite a few people here but I really do want to hear from everyone!
[Image: thumbsup2.gif]
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
17 September 2013, 17:19,
RE: Respect
Its no secret that there is often things that people want to say, or are seriously worried about, that have for whatever reason been stopped from gaining ground for a number of reasons

There have also been threads that have been posted that have nothing to do with prepping that have gone on for pages and pages

Thats on a general level

From a personal level, it leaves me not sure of what is allowed to be posted and what is not, even though I have never posted a news story,.. but I have used youtube to support what I am saying........ this is not getting at ANYONE, and is said with the greatest respect.

.... but I am aware that this is the reason why at least some no longer post new threads,...or restrict their imput
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 September 2013, 17:27,
yes their are those on here that will go through a post/thread knit picking and knocking everything in/on it , this stops maney from shairing their ideas and posting , worried they will be picked over .
i dont know the answer to this but something must be done .
Survive the jive (youtube )
17 September 2013, 17:48,
(17 September 2013, 17:27)Sunna Wrote: yes their are those on here that will go through a post/thread knit picking and knocking everything in/on it , this stops maney from shairing their ideas and posting , worried they will be picked over .
i dont know the answer to this but something must be done .

THAT Sir is exactly why I have given up on this forum, its gone right into the gutter all the good posters who I admired and learned from have gone or rarely post, all thats left is a few newbies desperately trying to learn and a bunch of time wasters using the forum like a personal fiefdom, and I know be my E mail box that more tha a few people feel the same.

Did write a rant but chose to delete most of it because it would not achieve anything, so if anyone knows of a good prepper forum please let me know.
17 September 2013, 17:53,
This is also said with respect, but I have never ever been on a forum before that has never had moderators, this is not getting at SD, SD has a life away from the forum,... but it is when he is away that things get out of control, so by the time he returns and closes posts, the damage has been done
17 September 2013, 19:58,
(17 September 2013, 17:53)Highlander Wrote: ...I have never ever been on a forum before...

The only thing I can add to that is to say again the above... I was quite enjoying this one though and with just a little civility from everyone, I'm quite sure I can again...

17 September 2013, 20:01,
(17 September 2013, 19:58)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:
(17 September 2013, 17:53)Highlander Wrote: ...I have never ever been on a forum before...

The only thing I can add to that is to say again the above... I was quite enjoying this one though and with just a little civility from everyone, I'm quite sure I can again...

Smile,.. I have been on many forums over the years, I was even a moderator on one of them,... this is a good forum, with great information on it,.. just have to control what, and how one obtains it...Smile
17 September 2013, 20:01,
been out this aft at the horses...have i missed something ?
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
17 September 2013, 20:44,
Its all been said above and I agree, only been on this fourum . But all we need to do is show respect to one another,I have noticed the lack of posts by good members and even worse lack of replies to the members still creating posts, this does not encourage me to post that much......you have probably noticed , plus what's going on in the world in general and not posting the facts or theories for fear of being deleted or kicked off the site, I realize the why's but its no good sticking your head in the sand either I spose its a balance, but the sea of interest by loads of people the world over........can't be all wrong or can they , as survivalists we are duty bound to see all threats and give warnings when we can or at the very least let fellow members know so they can investicate for themselves or prepare for something they have not seen as a threat. After all we are all on here to learn and help others otherwise what is the POINT.
17 September 2013, 21:21,
(17 September 2013, 17:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: ...all thats left is a few newbies desperately trying to learn...

...so if anyone knows of a good prepper forum please let me know.

NR, if "All the good posters...have gone", I'd really rather you didn't join them. You're one of the most experienced here and if all that really is left is "A few newbies trying to learn", like me, give us a chance...

I know of a good prepper forum for you - it's here...