Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 2 June 2024

Set up 10 kg of bread four in the freezer……I will leave in there until mid week then transfer it into Mylar bags with some oxygen obsorbers and seal the bags for long term use, next up is dried milk ……ordered more preserving jars ready for the fruited
and veggies …..the garden is doing real good, the hydroponics and aquaponics are also doing great ,looks like a goood year ! Walk on slowly boy ….so SS can keep up! .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 3 June 2024

I'm not doing much atm. Still looking after the chickens and the bees but not doing much else prepping wise.

Setting up a joint deal with a prepper from the area to share items and join together if anything happens. Ex Military and a camper. Looking at purchasing a mini digger. Which I'll use for an area for rabbits.

Otherwise its just keeping stocks up and carrying on as normal.

Been quiet here for a bit.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 3 June 2024

yep same here, just keeping stocks up and carrying on as normal.
spending more time looking after my veg plants, watering and weeding.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 3 June 2024

Over the last couple of months with health problems i’ve had to curb the veg growing and some of the house maintenance, the fruit trees and bushes are doing ok, we’ll see what happens.

As for our preps we’re keeping our food stocks at about six months, same as the medication.
Potable water with waterbutt backup is about 200 gallons, with a local spring as a last resort.

Over the winter i’ve used solar to charge more or less everything I could, AA/AAA’s, USB stuff, leisure and vehicle batteries, exception was the cordless drill (had to mains charge) don’t know I missed it.

The best prep over the last couple of years most definitely the reorganisation of the utility room, separate post under Homestead, everything for an event all together.

SS more preserving jars ?, no one can keep up with you, are you still supplying all the family ?. God bless you and wild child.

Everyone......take care......keep safe.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 3 June 2024

Yes Pete I am in much demand ! ….between grannies bread and bumps jam, jellys and all things pickled and the honey I can just about cope. Up John the farm today he put in his normal order ….everything ! Especially the jelly owing to his dentures ! And could wildchild make him a tin of Welsh cakes ….his wife can no longer see that well …..although she still has a go bless her, she will never give up ….old school Pete ! .

In the small hydroponics poly tunnel this morning could not believe my eyes my tomatoes and cucumbers were not at all looking good and I do not understand why ? ……until the news at six ….its happening country wide by all accounts …..there will be shortages down the big poly tunnel they seem to be okay for now ! Anyone else having problems ? Let us know ! …..I spoke to bloody soon yesterday ! …..good year I said ….my arse ! Most seeds this year have not germinated well especially peas ? And good seeds two ? On the dark side I pulled some turnips last week threw them in a basket , the basket toppled over and down the hill they went Cathering speed the buggers rolled straight into the caravan-narrowly missing wild child! As I shouted look out and she jumped for safety just in time sadly the caravan was written off ….we have a new one now ! Just gos to show how dangerous growing veg can be ………be careful out there it’s a jungle desperate veg will do desperate things …..why did you not through yourself to the ground to save wild child SS ? Well I did acually as I used my body as a break and hung on with each revolution said turnips slammed me into the concrete driveway as if I was a rag doll…….as she tended my many wounds and her soft words of support “ you were very very brave , not many men would have had the guts to confront one turnip let alone four of the buggers kissing my head she said my hero ,,,,,,we all lived happily ever after …..please guys no words of praise are needed or required , it was nothing! In any event I had the last laugh ….i chopped the bastards up and put them in the freezer along with the front bottom vallace off the caravan .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 4 June 2024

no problems with growing any veg down here, slow germination but that was probably due to the weather.
Tomatoes -2 types, Broad Beans, Potatoes-3 types, Peas, Lettuce, Field and French beans, apart from the Tomatoes which I bought the plants locally all the rest have been grown from seed.
there is a mass of green in my growing areas, something which a neighbour-a friend- commented on.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 4 June 2024

SS i remember that you’ve had trouble before with supersize veggies running amok Smile .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 16 June 2024

Well it’s nice to see over two hundred guests on the forum, I hope some are inspired to start prepping and post their progress on the site. Plenty of good information here for any new prepper.

Unfortunately I am getting older and finding some jobs getting harder to do and sometimes need a little help, thank you J and J you know who you are Smile .

The veggie patches are now gone, and two of the fruit trees (on the advice of an expert).

While we are maintaining our prepping level at six months, the level of our medication (then who knows what), I must admit when we’re out shopping i’m always looking around.....and I can’t resist a bargain.

Meanwhile SS is no doubt feeding everyone in the valley, God bless him and Wildchild, erm....we love Welsh cakes......

Everyone.....take care.....keep safe.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 17 June 2024

200 guests. That has always been an issue on these sites. A lot of lurkers and very few posting. I like to think that these people are new to prepping and thus don't feel confident to speak. That is what these sites are for. To help those who are new and just getting started.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 17 June 2024

(17 June 2024, 12:29)Skean Dhude Wrote: 200 guests. That has always been an issue on these sites. A lot of lurkers and very few posting. I like to think that these people are new to prepping and thus don't feel confident to speak. That is what these sites are for. To help those who are new and just getting started.

Yes I hoped some would respond, if not I hope some take notice of the information here.