Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 12 October 2013

(12 October 2013, 14:50)Midnitemo Wrote: Local camping shop has the large size butane canisters on offer for £3.99 so i'm going to nip down for £20 worth

Which shop is that? These containers are handy to have.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 12 October 2013

Big camping shop that's been revamped down on sealand road....the really good value ones are all gone(had a run on them) but i bought 4 of the C500 size coleman 30/70 split propane/butane reduced to £4.99...not quite as good as the deal i was after but not bad...shop is called winfields.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Geordie_Rob - 13 October 2013

I got myself 1 of those camping clothes washing machines. Basically a big ball on a stand that you put clothes & soapy water inside & rotate it with the handle. I think it was highlander (apologies if I'm wrong) that mentioned them on this forum a while back. Not a bad £6 investment I don't think.

I managed to find an empty calor gas bottle aswell so I picked it up & gonna get it exchanged on my next day off. It's butane rather than propane but I won't grumble since it cost me nowt Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 13 October 2013

I don't go often to car boot sales but today day I did I had a couple of hours to kill glad I did. I picked up 2 ex army jerry cans £6 and a double handed logging saw for a fiver. The saw needs to new handles but I have just the piece of wood 2 foot of oak should look good when its done and cleaned up.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 13 October 2013

AH. So it has reopenned. The amount of times I've gone past in the last few months and it was closed. Must be worth a visit to see what they have.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 13 October 2013

Had a wander around the second hand shops this sat picked up a hand cranked grinder ,spare stone, hand scythe,flue brush,and a great hoe/double spike thirty five bucks the lot thought I done alright.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 13 October 2013

just been to the local car boot, pretty crap but got a coil of rope for £2, going to Exeter car boot next sunday-thats an excellent one, always come back with something from there.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 13 October 2013

Just got back from a camp to work skills and build bonds with other people. Brilliant prep!

Oh and purchased more plant pots for the greenhouse heaters. I love them!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 14 October 2013

Today is restock the cupboards with 10 veggie MRE's and a few other bits and bobs. Also, get a load of nuts, bolts, and washers for the plant pot heaters, then start making them up. With 200 8hour tea lights on their way, that'll help the mini-greenhouses as well as the house in general, stay nice and toasty. Cut down the cost of living too.

Totally forgot to mention, viewing a property soon, shared property with our friends (the one's we are looking at a move to France with). A nice place with a reasonable plot of land and the potential to be 100% off grid!!! Just need to get the wife to be as big a fan as I am with it.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 15 October 2013

Checked out an 11 acre piece of land with a house and a small secondary living area today. Well it turns out it's a house and 2 acres of useable land, along with 9 acres of marsh/bog. For £400'000, you have to be joking. Massive anti-climax. The search continues.